THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 170 grams soft butter
- 180 grams caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 120 grams buttermilk
- 250 grams plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Pinch salt
- 125 grams Fresh Raspberries
- 250 grams soft butter
- 3 heaped tbsp creme fraiche
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Pinch salt
- 400 grams icing sugar
- Red food colouring
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 140 grams marscapone cheese
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam to spread
- Afew fresh raspberries or flower blooms to decorate
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 180degrees
Grease 2 x 20 cm round tins and line with baking paper
Weigh and Sift flour, baking powder and salt on speed 8 - 5 secs MC on
Set aside and wipe out jug.
Beat butter and sugar 10 seconds speed 5 MC on Scrape down bowl
Then 60 seconds - speed 3 MC on until light and fluffy.
With blade running on speed 3 add in eggs 1 at a time and whip mixture for 1 min 30 seconds
Add half of the flour then mix on speed 1 - 15 secs while adding half of the buttermilk
Add the remainder of flour and buttermilk, and mix speed 1 -10 seconds - Do not over mix (you can fold the mixture gently with a rubber spatula if not completely mixed)
Divide batter evenly into 2 X 20 cm round tins
Press raspberries firmly into batter of each cake
Bake for 25 - 30 min until lightly golden, and a test skewer comes out clean
Allow the cakes to rest for 10 mins before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely
Clean and dry bowl
Sift icing sugar on speed 8 - 8 seconds put aside
Weigh butter, then add Crème Fraîche and vanilla in bowl
Whip speed 3 - 60 seconds until pale and creamy in colour
Add reserved icing sugar and pinch of salt
Mix speed 4 - 10 seconds
Scrape sides down and mix 5 secs - speed 3
Add lemon juice and food colouring - Mix 6 seconds - speed 3 until evenly combined.
Add in food colouring gradually until you are happy with the shade of pink
Place the first sponge layer onto a cake stand
Spread lightly with raspberry jam and a thick layer of mascarpone
Top with second sponge layer and press together gently
Starting from the base using a small knife - cover the sides and top of the cake with a thin layer of the butter cream.
This forms the crumb coat - Refrigerate for about 30 mins
Then cover with a second more generous layer of butter cream using a warmed knife for smoother finishing.
Decorate with fresh raspberries or flower blooms
Wrap the cooled un-iced cakes in cling film and refrigerate for an hour to firm up. This makes it much easier to ice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Date Loaf
- Lemon Loaves
- Cherry & Apple Meringue Tart
- Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Donna Hays Raspberry sweet bread wreath
- Chocolate Muesli
- Detox Juice
- QUINCE BISCUIT PIE WITH MAPLE CREAM
- APRICOT CUSTARD SLICE
- WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER
- Chocolate Quinoa and Coconut Muffins
- Coconut and Strawberry Cream Bliss Balls
- Salmon With Prawns and Scallops in Champagne Butter Cream Sauce
- CHOCOLATE CREAMY DREAMIES
- Inside Out Bread
- Crusty Loaf
- Streusal Berry Muffins
- Banana Bread
- Maple Bacon Scrolls
- Clone of Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Sheet Cake
- The Best Ever White Chocolate Mud Cake
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Gluten Free Creamcheese Cake
- Chocolate mud cake
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Baked pumpkin doughnuts with snowman icing