- zest of half an orange
- 100 grams carrots, chopped into chunks
- 100 grams pitted dates
- 220 grams natural yoghurt / sour cream
- 75 grams rice bran oil / light olive oil
- 1 egg
- 60 grams fresh orange juice, (approximately half an orange)
- 85 grams LSA / almond meal
- 150 grams plain flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate soda
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 25 grams Coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line a muffin tin with patty pans (or grease well).
- Place orange peel in bowl and grate for 8 seconds speed 9
- Add carrot and dates to bowl and grate for 15-20 seconds on speed 6. Scrape down the sides.
- Add yoghurt, oil, orange juice and egg to the bowl and mix for 10 seconds, speed 4 reverse.
- Add all remaining ingredients (mixed spice, flours, sugar, bicarb) and mix for 15 seconds, speed 4, reverse.
- Fill muffin tray cups almost to the top and bake for 13 - 15 minutes.
This is a variation of the Healthy Breakfast Muffin by Classmyth, based on ingredients I had on hand - it has the texture similar to a Carrot Cake - only healthier!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Budget Brownie
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Lemon Slice
- Orange & poppyseed muffins
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Breakfast Bliss
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- 2-4-6-8 Cake (or Muffins)