- 2 level teaspoons Nutmeg
- 45 g pistachios
- 360 g almonds
- 120 g raw sugar, Milled
- 120 g brown sugar
- 120 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 250 g Greek style yoghurt, plus extra for serving
- 1 level tbsp orange zest
Recipe is created for
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Line and butter a 26cm spring form pan.
- Place nutmeg into mixing bowl and grind 12 sec/speed 9. Set aside.
- Place pistachios into mixing bowl and, with dial set to"Closed lid" closed lid position, coarsely chop by pulsing withTurbo 3 times.Set aside.
- Place almonds into mixing bowl and mill for 6 sec/speed 9.
- Add sugars, butter and salt and mix 15 sec/speed 5, using spatula to assist if necessary.
- Put half of the mixture into prepared pan and gently press down using tablespoon to form a base.
- Add eggs and nutmeg to remaining mixture and mix 10 sec/speed 3, using spatula to assist.
- Add yoghurt and mix 10 sec/Reverse/speed 3. Pour onto base.
- Scatter edges with pistachios and bake 55 minutes, turn off Oven and leave Cake in there for 15 Minutes
Cool completely before serving with extra yoghurt.
Persian Love Cake
Image by ameanderingmango.blogspot.comThis recipe was kindly contributed by Gerard Yaxley of Qom Restaurant, Sunshine Coast and converted for use in the Thermomix by some of our talented Victorian Group Leaders and Consultants. Thank you.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Chocolate Malteser Slice
- Cacao Protein Slice
- White Choc, Macadamia & Rasberry Blondies