- 240 g Rice Bran Oil
- 6 tsp Egg replacer, Orgran brand no egg Egg replacer
- 150 g water
- 200 g Unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 240 g raw sugar
- 240 g Self Raising Flour
- 60 g Cocoa powder or Cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 200 g raw sugar
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 15 g lemon juice, Juice of approximately 1/2 lemon
- 20 g Boiling water
- 200 g raw cashews
- 150 g filtered water
- 1 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
1h 0minPreparation 25minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Preheat oven to 180degC. Grease and line 2 x 20cm round cake tins and set aside.
2. Mix 6 tsp egg replacer with 150g water in a small bowl.
3. Place 240g rice bran oil, egg replacer mix, almond milk, vanilla extract, caster sugar, self raising flour, Cocoa powder and baking powder and mix 15 sec/speed 5.
4. Pour mixture into prepared cake tins. Bake for 30-35 minutes (180degC) or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack. When cold put cashew cream between cakes and ice with the icing.
- 1. Mill raw cashews 10 seconds/speed 8
2. Add water and blend 1 minute/ speed 9
3. Add maple syrup and blend 1 minute/ speed 8 scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula. Repeat as needed until a smooth consistency is achieved.
4. Use as needed for cake and transfer any leftovers to an airtight container and store in refrigerator.
- 1. Place 200g raw sugar and mill 20 seconds/speed 10
2. Add 40g Cocoa powder
3. Add lemon juice and mix 10 seconds/speed 6
4. Add boiling water and mix 10 seconds/speed 4 add more water if the mixture is too thick. It should be smooth and shiny. Pour onto cake immediately.
Method for the Cake
Accessories you need
This is a vegan version of the Too easy chocolate cake from the Basic Cookbook the recipe is also doubled.
The Cashew cream recipe is thanks to Jo Whitton's Quirky Cooking book
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Chocolate chips financier
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Aunty Tara's Banana Pancakes
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Lu Lu's Golden Chew
- ANZAC BISCUITS
- Banana and Nutella Bread
- Paleo No Bake Peanut Butter Slice
- Anzac bliss balls- thermosize your life
- Terri's Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s
- Gluten Free Sourdough Bread
- Lychee Apple Dream Cocktail
- Pineapple Cheesecake Jars
- Nanna's Vegetable Soup
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Italian Semolina Bread
- Curried Kumera Soup