- 310 g coconut milk
- 2 level teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 10 g aquafaba (chickpea water), whipped
- 125 g Nuttelex
- 125 g Grapeseed Oil
- 220 g caster sugar
- 380 g plain flour
- 1 level tbsp baking powder
- 1 level tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 level teaspoons salt
- In a jug, mix together milk and apple cider vinegar to make vegan buttermilk.
- Insert butterfly and pour aquafaba into TM bowl. Mix 1 min/sp 4 with MC off, or until it has the consistency of meringue. Remove butterfly and set aside whipped aquafaba.
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Grease and line two 8 inch round cake tins.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt
Insert butterfly and pour aquafaba into TM bowl. Mix 1 min/sp 4 with MC off, or until it has the consistency of meringue
Remove butterfly and set aside whipped aquafaba
Without cleaning TM bowl, add sugar, Nuttelex and oil and blend 30 sec/sp 5, or until creamy and well combined.
Add aquafaba and vanilla extract into TM bowl and mix 5 sec/sp 4.
Alternate between adding flour mixture and buttermilk to TM bowl, mixing for 5 sec/sp 5 each time. Do not overmix.
Pour the cake batter evenly into the prepared pans. The most accurate way to do this is to weigh each cake tin to ensure they are the same.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean
Cool cakes in tin for 15 mins before turning them out onto a cake rack to completely cool.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.