- 4 Egg Whites (room temperature)
- 220 grams castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp Peppermint Essence
- sprinkles, for decoration
- 2 Artists brush
- 1 piping bag
- Red food gel
- Green food gel
2h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 120C.
2. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Create 24 template shapes by tracing out shapes onto the baking paper. 12 per tray. Set aside.
3. Insert butterfly, place egg whites, cream of tartar and peppermint essence into bowl. 4 min/50C/sp3.5 until stiff peaks form.
4. Using food gel, paint 5mm stripes of alternating colours inside piping bag, all the way to the top.
5. With butterfly rotating 4-7 min/50C/sp3 add castor sugar 1 tbs at a time. Meringue should be smooth, not gritty when rubbed between fingers. Peaks should stay formed, if drooping, continue whipping.
6. Place meringue into piping bag, start swirling over your templates. Add sprinkles beofre placing in oven.
7. Bake 1-1½ hrs. Turn oven off and let Meringues sit overnight or for a minimum of 3 hrs to dry out with the oven door ajar.
8. Enjoy. Store in an air tight container for up to 1 week if they last that long.
Whipping times will vary depending on the egg age size and temperature. Older eggs at room temperature will work quicker.
Baking time will vary depending on the size of the meringue, the larger the meringue, the longer oven time.
If you find the meringue are soft the next day, put them in the oven again for 20 minutes and let cool.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apple-Cinnamon Choc Chip Muffin
- Easy peasy iced custard tarts
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Protein Bars
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake