- 100 g Gluten Free SR Flour
- 100 g Milk, dairy or non-dairy
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 tsp extra baking powder, (or 2tsp if using plain flour)
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas, 1/2 cm diagonal slices
- 1 banana, 1/2 cm dices
- coconut oil, for frying
- maple syrup and butter, for serving
Place egg whites and salt in thermomix bowl with butterfly inserted, and whip till stiff peaks form on speed 4, set aside in a mixing bowl but don't clean the TM bowl.
Place egg yolks, flour, cinnamon and milk in the TM bowl and mix on speed 4-5 till its a thoroughly mixed thick batter.
Place batter in the bowl with the egg whites and gently fold with a spatula to till mixed through.
Heat a pan to medium with 1/2 a tsp of coconut oil in the centre, place a large spoonful of pancake mix in the pan, so the pancake is about 10cm in size
When the bottom is golden after a minute or two, place diced pieces of banana on the uncooked side of the pancake and flip it over, cooking till golden for another minute or two
Place pancake in a low oven on a plate to keep warm
Repeat for remaining mix - it should make about 6 pancakes
To Serve, top pancakes with a little butter to melt over, fresh slices of banana, a drizzle of maple syrup and and some extra cinnamon if desired.
Accessories you need
Use an all purpose GF flour mix that is white and light avoiding legume flours or mix white rice flour with some potato or tapioca or arrowroot starch.Variations - Omit the cinnamon in the batter and instead of banana pieces, try the following instead:-Fresh corn off the cob - Serve with salad and a fried egg as as a savoury pancake, or for non-vegetarians, try serving with crispy bacon and drizzle with maple syrup-Fresh blueberries-Serve plain and use instead of bread for a cooked breakfast-Top with butter and a a squeeze of lemon and your syrup of choice e.g. maple honey, agave, coconut or golden syrup-Top with fresh strawberries and raspberries and a scoop of ice-cream for dessert
In the past couple of months I have had a hankering for pancakes. For me they need to be gluten free, and having tried many other recipes and hating them, I have mastered my own recipe!! The failures resulted in very heavy pancakes that sat in your guts all day long, and used way too much flour. My inspiration was Jamie Oliver's American Styley Pancakes from '"Happy Days With The Naked Chef"
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Basic Baleada
- Variation Creme Anglaise
- Lebanese Rice With Vermicelli
- Easy Peasy Steak Marinade
- Variation Fresh Ricotta
- Dad's Pancakes
- Oscars Honey Corn cereal
- Avocado latte
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Fluffy American Pancakes
- Creamy coconut yoghurt Tm6
- TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Peach melba Smoothie
- Jaffa Mud Cake
- Gluten Free Polish Plum (or peach) cake
- Gluten Free ANZAC biscuits
- Diddlee Dee Green Smoothie - for St Paddy's Day!
- Soft Butter for the Fridge
- Raw Choc Fudge
- Blueberry Bombshell Smoothie
- Coconut and cashew cream
- Vegetarian Kedgeree
- Banana bread with dates and walnuts - dairy and gluten free
- Almond Milk
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Basil pesto
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Lemonade Scones
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- Cheat's sourdough
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- onion sauce
- Basic Baleada