- 180 g buttermilk
- 200 g water
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast, (see tips)
- 20 g Butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 1 tsp salt
- 500 g baker's flour, plus extra for dusting
- Mixed seeds, for sprinkling
Place buttermilk, water and yeast into mixing bowl and heat 3 min/37°C/speed 1. Meanwhile, grease a deep-sided loaf tin (approx. 25 x 10 x 11 cm) and set aside.
Add salt and baker's flour and mix 6 sec/speed 6. Knead 3 min/.
Transfer dough onto a silicone bread mat or floured work surface and work into a ball. Wrap dough in silicone bread mat or place into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap or kitchen towel. Leave to prove in a warm place until doubled in size (approx. 30 minutes).
Preheat oven to 200°C. Knock down dough, then transfer into prepared loaf tin. Leave to prove for a further 20-30 minutes.
Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with mixed seeds and bake for 45 minutes (200°C) or until golden brown. Bread should sound hollow when tapped on the underside of loaf.
Allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes then transfer onto a wire rack. Serve warm or allow to cool completely before transferring into a sealable container until ready to use.
This bread is ideal for toasting
Substitute 2 tsp dried instant yeast with 20 g fresh yeast
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen