- 2.5 level teaspoons dry yeast
- 200 g warm water
- 360 g Baker's Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 70 g sugar
- 85 g unsalted butter, Softened and chopped
- 40 g milk powder
- 45 g instant mashed potato flakes, E.g “Deb”
- 1 tsp bread improver
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 1 large egg, Beaten with 1 TBLSPN water
3h 45minPreparation 3h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Recipe is created for
1. Add all the ingredients to the "Closed lid" in the order listed.
2. Blend briefly 15secs/sp7
3. Knead "Dough mode" 5mins. It should be a slightly sticky dough but if it's very sticky, add 1tblspn of bread flour at a time so the it becomes soft rather than sticky. Knead "Dough mode" in between each addition.
4. Set aside in a large greased bowl, covered, to rise until double
1. Combine in a small bowl
Assembly: Shaping the bread
1. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured work surface.
2. Punch down into a 20cm x 40cm rectangle.
3. Brush the dough with the egg wash, then sprinkle evenly with the filling.
4. Starting with the short end, roll the dough tightly into a log. Pinch/ seal the ends as you go. Pinch the long seam closed.
5. Transfer the log to a greased loaf tin, cover with greased plastic wrap and put in a warm place to rise until about 2cm above the rim of the tin.
6. While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 180°C, regular oven.
7. Bake the bread for around 45mins, or until cooked when tested.
If it's browning too quickly, tent it lightly with foil and return to the oven to finish cooking.
8. Remove from the pan and brush with melted butter and extra cinnamon sugar (optional, but highly recommended)
Accessories you need
Do you love "Cinnabons"?
Well you'll love this!
Be patient when making this.
It's important to allow it to rise well where indicated. This will be dependent on the ambient room temperature.
And be sure to use the instant mashed potato flakes. A lot of people have commented that they don't want to buy it just for this recipe.
1. It's cheap. You can make 2 complete loaves from one packet at less than $2/packet
2. It makes a BIG difference to the bread. If you go to all the effort to make this... get it right!
Delicious sliced fresh and slathered in butter. Or toasted.
I like to slice then freeze.
Please remember to rate this recipe 😊
"Thermify me" your go to source for great recipes and cooking inspiration.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Filipino Pandesal
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
- Aleesha’s Keto Wraps
- 5 hours Dutch oven Bread
- Easy Multigrain Bread
- Simple German Soft Pretzels & Pretzel Dogs
- High Fat seed bread
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- No Roll Scones - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Apricot slice
- Turkish Pide with cheese and onion
- Flaky pastry sausage rolls
- Orange drizzle cake
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Easy peasy Apple cinnamon scrolls
- Quick mix butter cake
- Italian Semolina Bread
- Rock cakes
- Heidi’s German Streusel Kuchen (Crumble cake) yeast free version
- Apple and sultana muffins
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Keto Lupin Flour fathead dough
- Vegan Brazilian 'No-Cheese' Puffs
- No bake Keto museli bars
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)