- 100 grams raw almonds
- 100 grams raw cashews
- 25 grams psyllium husks, (5 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan/Celtic Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons No Egg Replacer
- 2 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 250 grams Boiling water
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Place almonds, cashews and psyllium husks in TM bowl and grind for 10 seconds at speed 9. Add baking powder, No Egg and salt and turbo 3 or 4 times to combine.
Add 1 tbsp water and vinegar and knead for 20 seconds.
Weigh in boiling water (MUST be boiling) and knead immediately for 1 minute.
I adapted this from the original to be egg free and it works perfectly
The below tips are from original recipe:
Recipe adapted for Thermomix from //mariahealth.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/toasted-sub-sandwich-and-panini.html
I highly recommend that you read this blog post and watch the video. Although this worked for me first time and I found it straightforward (and completely delicious and amazing!!), there seem to be a number of variables that have led to mixed success with this recipe.
The blog post also gives a nut-free version using coconut flour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy Leche Flan
- Genovese pasta
- Cashew Milk (Mylk)
- Pizza dough thin and crispy
- Strawberry Yoghurt (with nesquik)
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Green Smoothie
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Tomato, Feta and Basil Pasta
- Oat Milk (Mylk)
- Chia Custard Pudding - adapted from Pete Evans recipe (Paleo)
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup