- 620 g flour plain, can use any type
- 50 g oil, canola or grapeseed
- 600 g Boiling water
- 1/2 tsp salt, (optional)
Add flour first into tm bowl then add oil, boiling water, and salt. Mix speed 7 for 6 seconds.
Set timer for 2 minutes
Remove dough to the thermomat
The dough will resemble play dough in texture, that is correct, when it is cool enough to handle, divide the dough in half and then half again. Then split each 1/4 into 5 small round balls of dough. Roll out thinly into a circle using extra flour to prevent dough sticking. Repeat for each ball of dough. You should have 20 rotis.
At the same time warm up the frying pan/ crepe pan until medium hot, put the roti into pan and dry fry until cooked one side, flip and cook the other side. Continue until all 20 rotis are cooked.
Dough - kneading
Accessories you need
When frying the roti's when they start bubbling one can put on top of the cooking roti a cooked one. This helps keep the roti flat against the fry pan.
These roti's freeze really well and I use them as wraps and fill them with cooked chicken, tm mayo and salad to make yummy lunchtime alternatives to sandwiches for the kids.
Photos to come
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fruit Bread
- Nutty Low Carb Bread
- Japanese milk bread
- Challah (traditional Jewish celebratory plaited loaf)
- Scrolls (Lactose Free)
- German spelt bread
- Wholemeal Spinach and Cheese Scroll - WA School Canteen Approved (Green)
- Milk loaf
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Ruth’s Sourdough Rye Turkish Bread
- Black Buger Buns
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Paleo, egg free, AIP
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- Tuna Mornay
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Apricot Slice
- Wagon Wheel slice
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup