- 120 grams Cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 140 grams plain flour
- 100 grams polenta
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons Bi Carb Soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 250 grams cultured buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 30 grams Butter, room temperature
- 285 grams Corn, drained
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Turn on oven - to 200oC fan forced
Grease loaf tin (approx 26 cms x 12 cms) and set aside
Grate cheese in TM bowl on speed 6/4 seconds. Set aside in a bowl
Place plain flour, polenta, baking powder, bi carb soda, salt and butter into TM bowl. Mix on speed 6/5 seconds.
Add buttermilk and egg to TM bowl. Mix on speed 6/4 seconds.
Add corn to TM bowl. Mix /speed 3/5 seconds.
Use spatula to incorporate remaining flour that has not been mixed in. Do not overmix.
Pour into greased loaf tin
Top with grated cheese.
Place in oven to cook for approximately 40 - 45 minutes.
Test with a skewer to make sure it is cooked through.
Remove from oven, allow to sit in tin for approximately 5 minutes.
Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
If you don't have cultured buttermilk, try mixing yoghurt and milk together to create a thick runny consistency.
If making this as a gluten free version, substitute the flour for gluten free flour, and add 1 tsp xanthum or guar gum to assist in binding it together.
A 400 g tin of corn will provide sufficient for this recipe if not using thawed frozen corn - quantity will be slightly different, but will make no difference to the end result.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Crunchy French baguettes
- Oatmeal bread
- Gluten Free Tortillas
- Brötchen (German bread rolls)
- Spelt and Pumpkin seed Bread (lower GI, higher protein, multigrain and seeds)
- Langos (Hungarian fried potato bread)
- Sweet potato bread
- Cheese Sandwich
- "Fluffy French Toast w Puddles of Love"
- Rice bread
- Mexican Sandwich
- Savoury Biscotti
- Welsh Teabread
- Spinach Balls
- Apple Coconut Balls
- Cream Cheese and Rhubarb Blondies
- Chicken and Pine Nut Savoury Cheesecake
- Roast Pork Belly with steamed vegetables and pumpkin, fennel soup
- Apricot Chicken Meatballs
- Potato Rolls
- Tomato and Ricotta Tarts
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- SAVOURY SHORTBREAD
- Vanilla Fudge
- Garlic Soup
- Blue Cheese and Caper Butter
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- The Best butter cream frosting