- 285 grams water
- 285 grams Milk
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 450 grams bakers flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 150 grams warm water
Place sugar,yeast,milk and water into thermomix bowl. Set to mix for 3 minutes at 37 degrees C on speed 2. The mixture will become frothy
Add flour, salt, cream of tartar and mix for 10 seconds on speed 7
Then Mix fo 8 minutes at 37 degrees on speed 1
Leave in thermomix for about an hour - until it has nearly reached the top.
Add the baking soda and warm water and beat on speed 6 for 2 minutes.
Leave to rest for 10 minutes
Place non stick egg rings on a greased pre heated grill and using a quarter cup measure place into ring. It is important to cook slowly so that the crumpet cooks all the way through and bubbles up. This will take about 5 minutes.
Remove rings and turn over for about 30 seconds until slightly browned.
Either serve immediately with your favourite topping- mine is maple syrup - or keep warm between a tea- towell on a cake rack. You can reheat them later in the toaster or eat them cold. After you have tried these you will never buy them from the shop again.
Any left overs can be frozen and toasted - but that is unlikely.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cinnamon scrolls
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Soft and Fluffy Bread Rolls
- Nana’s Beer Bread
- Honey and Pumpkin Bread
- Five Seed Bread
- The Thermomixing Mum's Wholemeal Bread
- Sourdough Bread
- Light and high wholemeal bread, loaf or rolls
- CUSTARD AND ALMOND PLAIT
- GLUTEN FREE CRUMPETS
- Black Bean & Wild Rice Polenta Wedges
- Crunchy Carrot Falafel
- New Zealand Winter Salad
- Lentil Patties, Horseradish Mash & Caramelised onions
- Coconut Yogurt - automated
- Chicken Massaman
- Orzo Basil Salad
- Cauliflower Cous Cous Salad
- Blueberry and Coconut Cake
- Mango Dream
- Hazelnut Plum Friand
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Coffee Scroll Biscuits
- Easy scones
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Banana and walnut muffins
- Cinnamon scrolls
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Chorizo Risotto