- 300 grams water
- 30 grams olive oil
- 30 grams honey
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast, (1.5 sachets)
- 500 grams baker's flour
- 1 teaspoon bread improver, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 grams currants, (or any fruit of your choice)
- 50 grams mixed seeds/grains, (you could use oats, grains, seeds)
Add water, oil, honey and yeast to the bowl of the Thermomix and heat for 2 mins / 37° / Sp 2 (or until green light stops flashing)
Add the rest of the ingredients in the order that they are listed (ensuring that the salt does not come into contact with the yeast & water). No need to combine the ingredients as you'll end up crushing the fruit... just go straight into kneading mode: 3 mins / / (interval mode)
Add dough to an oiled bread tin (680g size) and wrap the whole tin in a Thermomat. Leave in a warm spot to rise until it reaches the top of the tin (this can be hard in winter but don't give up - you'll find a warm spot!) The front seat of your car in winter is quite good. Sometimes I turn my electric blanket on and pop the tin under the quilt for 30-60 minutes!!
Remove the Thermomat. This is quite a sticky dough so I don't worry too much about a second rise but I stick the loaf inside a COLD oven and turn the temp on to 180° for 50 minutes (the final stage of the rise occurs as the oven heats up) Pop the timer on as soon as you've put the loaf in the oven). Test with a skewer to check that loaf is poperly cooked before sliding it out of the tin, straight onto the oven rack and continue to cook for another 10 minutes (this will give the loaf a lovely crusty finish).
This bread is so tasty as is on the first day with just a bit of homemade butter. After that, I love it toasted!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Buttermilk dumplings
- Gluten Free Fruit Loaf
- Rosemary & Garlic Broccoli Bread
- Best Pizza Dough Ever
- Fliss' TMShop-tin-sized fluffy white loaf
- Cheddar loaf
- Low carb seed and nut bread
- Ciabatta - What Caroline Cooked
- Pizza dough
- Zoe's Turkish Bread Pride, Pizza Base or Rolls
- Mexican Cornmeal Rolls
- Savoury Crackers
- Spicy Capsicum and Feta Zucchetti (spiralised Zucchini "spaghetti")
- Egg Drop Soup with Shredded Chicken
- Chicken Stock Paste
- Mulligatawny Soup (Curried Chicken and Rice Soup)
- Carola's Brussels Sprout Delight
- Carola's Cauliflower Soup
- Gulab Jamun
- Spinach and Tuna Lasagne
- Mango & Pistachio Icecream Log
- Pita Bread Pockets
- Shoarma (Shawarma)
- All Colours Vegetable Salad
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Fig and almond bliss balls
- Sauerkraut, apple and bacon quiche
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- Chicken and vegetable savoury muffin
- AUTHENTIC MEE GORENG (Stir Fry Noodles)
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Broccoli Salad
- Coffee chiffon cake with mocha ganache
- keto choc /peanut cake on sweet potato brownie base