- 2 tsp salt
- 650 g bakers flour
- 320 g warm water
- 2 tsp granulated yeast
Recipe is created for
all ingredients into TM bowl in the order listed. (We are keeping the salt away from the yeast.)
together for 15 seconds on speed 7.
dial set to "Closed lid" closed lid position,
knead for 3 minutes at Interval speed"Dough mode" . Allow to rest in TM
bowl for 10 minutes.
for a further 3 minutes at Interval speed."Gentle stir setting" The dough will be quite
dense, yet flexible.
out onto lightly oiled ThermoMat and prove until doubled. (Up to 3 hours.)
dough into 2 equal parts. Roll each separately into long rectangle (10cm longer than the bread tin).
in both long sides towards each other in the centre and push together to seal
dough. Tuck in ends and seal by pinching together as well. Turn over, seam down
and place into baguette tin. Allow to prove again, covered loosely with
oven to 220ºC. Place large baking tray in bottom of oven and adjust a rack to
be in centre of oven.
loaves have risen to your liking, slash tops on an angle with an extremely
sharp knife or blade. Spritz with water from sprayer if available. Place into
hot oven and then immediately pour at least 750ml cold water into heated baking
tray. Shut oven and bake loaves for 20-25 minutes until golden and hollow
sounding when tapped. Turn oven off.
loaves upside down and return to oven for a few minutes.
slightly before slicing and serving with fresh butter.
Baguettes taste even better after chilling the dough in the refrigerator. After the dough has proven in step 2, gently de-gas the dough by folding it over itself, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator. The next day proceed with step 3 as per recipe. Baguette may need 10-20 minutes longer to prove in step 4 prior to baking.
Other users also liked...
- Aleesha’s Keto Wraps
- 5 hours Dutch oven Bread
- Easy Multigrain Bread
- Simple German Soft Pretzels & Pretzel Dogs
- High Fat seed bread
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- No Roll Scones - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Soft bread rolls (Bosnian Kifle)
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Cinnabun bread
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Cacao Protein Slice
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Pickled Beetroot
- All Green Stock Powder
- Super Easy Waffles