- 2 tsp salt
- 650 g bakers flour
- 320 g warm water
- 2 tsp granulated yeast
45minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking 25min
8Recipe is created for
all ingredients into TM bowl in the order listed. (We are keeping the salt away from the yeast.)
together for 15 seconds on speed 7.
dial set to closed lid position,
knead for 3 minutes at Interval speed. Allow to rest in TM
bowl for 10 minutes.
for a further 3 minutes at Interval speed. The dough will be quite
dense, yet flexible.
out onto lightly oiled ThermoMat and prove until doubled. (Up to 3 hours.)
dough into 2 equal parts. Roll each separately into long rectangle (10cm longer than the bread tin).
in both long sides towards each other in the centre and push together to seal
dough. Tuck in ends and seal by pinching together as well. Turn over, seam down
and place into baguette tin. Allow to prove again, covered loosely with
oven to 220ºC. Place large baking tray in bottom of oven and adjust a rack to
be in centre of oven.
loaves have risen to your liking, slash tops on an angle with an extremely
sharp knife or blade. Spritz with water from sprayer if available. Place into
hot oven and then immediately pour at least 750ml cold water into heated baking
tray. Shut oven and bake loaves for 20-25 minutes until golden and hollow
sounding when tapped. Turn oven off.
loaves upside down and return to oven for a few minutes.
slightly before slicing and serving with fresh butter.
Baguettes taste even better after chilling the dough in the refrigerator. After the dough has proven in step 2, gently de-gas the dough by folding it over itself, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator. The next day proceed with step 3 as per recipe. Baguette may need 10-20 minutes longer to prove in step 4 prior to baking.
Other users also liked...
- Steamed Slider Buns
- Gluten Free Vegan Cob Loaf
- Orange choc chip hot cross buns
- Healthy, Moist Banana Bread
- jamies garlic tear and share
- Tabbouleh Bread
- Italian Nino's Focaccia
- Banana bread
- European style rolls
- Cauliflower buns/rolls (No grains / gluten / nuts / soy / diary) Paleo / LCHF
- LCHF, Paleo, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Nut Free buns
- Steamed pistachio cheesecakes with mango
- Louise Keats Lemon tart
- Hot cross buns
- Chocolate hazelnut kisses
- Fennel, date and nut bread
- Tomato pasta with vegetables and feta (TM31)
- Fruit and nut muesli (TM31)
- Quick fruit sorbet (TM31)
- Fruity dream (soft serve ice cream) (TM31)
- Crunchy carrot salad (TM31)
- Three cheese and spinach rolls (TM31)
- Kawakawa smoked NZ lamb with native herb, beetroot, garlic cream and ancient grain wafers - Chef Dave Anderson
- Moroccan-Spiced Silverbeet
- tomato kasundi (taste)
- Steamed Slider Buns
- Zucchini Pasta slice
- Mini Quiches
- Variation Roast Chicken with Spice Rub & Stuffing
- Jam tart daisies
- Gluten Free Pizza Base x2
- Gluten-Free Banana, Coconut and Lemon or Cinnamon Loaf
- Almond & Oat Milk
- Choc Topping- Paleo or not
- Hummus with White Miso (Andrew Zimmern)