- 2 tsp salt
- 650 g bakers flour
- 320 g warm water
- 2 tsp granulated yeast
8Recipe is created for
all ingredients into TM bowl in the order listed. (We are keeping the salt away from the yeast.)
together for 15 seconds on speed 7.
dial set to closed lid position,
knead for 3 minutes at Interval speed. Allow to rest in TM
bowl for 10 minutes.
for a further 3 minutes at Interval speed. The dough will be quite
dense, yet flexible.
out onto lightly oiled ThermoMat and prove until doubled. (Up to 3 hours.)
dough into 2 equal parts. Roll each separately into long rectangle (10cm longer than the bread tin).
in both long sides towards each other in the centre and push together to seal
dough. Tuck in ends and seal by pinching together as well. Turn over, seam down
and place into baguette tin. Allow to prove again, covered loosely with
oven to 220ºC. Place large baking tray in bottom of oven and adjust a rack to
be in centre of oven.
loaves have risen to your liking, slash tops on an angle with an extremely
sharp knife or blade. Spritz with water from sprayer if available. Place into
hot oven and then immediately pour at least 750ml cold water into heated baking
tray. Shut oven and bake loaves for 20-25 minutes until golden and hollow
sounding when tapped. Turn oven off.
loaves upside down and return to oven for a few minutes.
slightly before slicing and serving with fresh butter.
Baguettes taste even better after chilling the dough in the refrigerator. After the dough has proven in step 2, gently de-gas the dough by folding it over itself, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator. The next day proceed with step 3 as per recipe. Baguette may need 10-20 minutes longer to prove in step 4 prior to baking.
Other users also liked...
- Low FODMAP Easy Everyday White Bread
- Wholemeal rolls
- Dutch Oven Bread (crunchy crust) *** WARNING - THIS BREAD NEEDS 12 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT TO RISE!!!
- Breakfast bread
- Simply Delicious Sourdough Bread
- Gluten Free Bread- Go to recipe
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Jumbo White Bread Loaf
- Wholemeal and Grain Bread
- Lebanese bread (pocket pita)
- vegan hot cross buns
- Corn Bread
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Quick Reliable Fudge
- Yorkshire puddings
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma
- Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Creamy Cauliflower & Bacon Risotto
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Palla di Mozzarella
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- Honey, Date, Goji Berry, Oat & Almond Energy Bars
- Beef Stroganoff
- Chicken & Chorizo Risotto