- 420 g gluten-free flour, (I use Bakels)
- 2 1/4 Level Teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 level tbsp instant yeast
- 1 1/2 level teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 level teaspoons salt
- 266 g water
- 65 g olive oil
- Add water, yeast, sugar to bowl place lid on, turn your selector time to 2mins , temp 37° and speed 1.
Add flour, xanthan gum, salt, olive oil, place lid on and select knead mode and knead for 5mins
Transfer to Thermoserver and pop In a warm place to rise/prove for 1hr
Divide dough Into 60gm balls, Using a rolling pin, roll out each ball to an oval disk.
Brush the dough with oil and fold over (this will be your inside of the bao so will open after steamed) if you would like a pretty design on the top get a fork and make lines down the centre and diagonal to give it a fan look, or just leave plain.
Next line your Varoma with the perforated sheets with holes in them, but if you don't have these you can either cut a small piece of baking paper to fit the bun on or oil/spray your varoma so they don't stick.
Add 1000gm water to your bowl, ( i like to prewarm the water first but you can skip this step if you are short on time) leave measuring cup in and set for 10mins, speed 1 once finished your ready to steam your buns
Remove measuring cup and place Varoma onto of bowl and set time 20mins, Varoma temp Speed 1
Remove and fill with desired filling
Accessories you need
To make baos black I added 1tsp squid ink to the dough mix before kneading
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dairy Free Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Low Carb Gluten Free Cheese Scones-
- Gluten free Dumpling Dough
- Gluten Free Gooey Caramel Anzac Slice by Happy Mum Happy Child
- Zucchini and Haloumi Frittera with Yoghurt and Salsa
- Gluten Free Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- Passionfruit Curd
- Decadent Chocolate Mousse
- Gluten Free Brioche Loaf
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough (also Bread Rolls)
- Orange and Poppyseed muffins
- ABC (apple carrot banana) muffins [Variant of ABCD School Muffins]
- Pizza Dough (extra fluffy) 4 bases
- Salted caramel balls
- Chai Syrup
- Skinnymixers Coconut Curried Sausages
- Fudgy Brownies
- Susanne's Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni
- Variation Thermomix Mock Cream
- Choc Coconut Protein Balls
- Variation Homemade Coffee Latte for 1
- Keto Carrot Cake