- 420 g gluten-free flour, (I use Bakels)
- 2 1/4 Level Teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 level tbsp instant yeast
- 1 1/2 level teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 level teaspoons salt
- 266 g water
- 65 g olive oil
1h 35minPreparation 1h 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 6For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
- Add water, yeast, sugar to bowl place lid on, turn your selector time to 2mins , temp 37° and speed 1.
Add flour, xanthan gum, salt, olive oil, place lid on and select knead mode and knead for 5mins
Transfer to Thermoserver and pop In a warm place to rise/prove for 1hr
Divide dough Into 60gm balls, Using a rolling pin, roll out each ball to an oval disk.
Brush the dough with oil and fold over (this will be your inside of the bao so will open after steamed) if you would like a pretty design on the top get a fork and make lines down the centre and diagonal to give it a fan look, or just leave plain.
Next line your Varoma with the perforated sheets with holes in them, but if you don't have these you can either cut a small piece of baking paper to fit the bun on or oil/spray your varoma so they don't stick.
Add 1000gm water to your bowl, ( i like to prewarm the water first but you can skip this step if you are short on time) leave measuring cup in and set for 10mins, speed 1 once finished your ready to steam your buns
Remove measuring cup and place Varoma onto of bowl and set time 20mins, Varoma temp Speed 1
Remove and fill with desired filling
Accessories you need
To make baos black I added 1tsp squid ink to the dough mix before kneading
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- 900g White Bread for South Aussie Climate
- Keto Banana Bread
- Banting Bread and Gluten Free
- Dough Recipe No3
- Soft Beef/Chicken Floss Bread by Levi
- Bec's Table Greek Pita Bread
- Laucke flour - Spelt
- Soft Potato Doughnuts @levi_nathania
- Baguettes - in a hurry
- Chipsy's Ciabatta
- Thermilane Savory pull-apart pot bread
- Gluten free focaccia / flat bread
- Uncooked Jalapeno Relish
- Dairy Free Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Low Carb Gluten Free Cheese Scones-
- Gluten free Dumpling Dough
- Gluten Free Gooey Caramel Anzac Slice by Happy Mum Happy Child
- Zucchini and Haloumi Frittera with Yoghurt and Salsa
- Gluten Free Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- Passionfruit Curd
- Decadent Chocolate Mousse
- Gluten Free Brioche Loaf
- Grandma's Tomato Relish
- Red Velvet cheesecake brownies (Gluten free)
- Chicken parma balls
- Layered Tim Tam Cheesecake
- Gut friendly chocolate panna cotta
- Mango Cream Tart
- Creamy Chicken Curry Pasta - Inspired by Continental Packet Pasta
- Kelly's Apple Cake
- Jahana's Best Almond milk recipe
- Jahana's Gluten, Dairy and egg free waffles
- Marilyn's Tomato Relish
- Peppermint Black Bean Brownies