- 200 g GF Flour
- 20 g olive oil, or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 130 g warm water
- 1.5 tsp Yeast
- 1 egg
- 40 g natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 pinch salt, generous
- Olive Oil or Melted Butter
- Mixed Herbs
- garlic granules
1h 20minPreparation 1h 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Add flour, xanthan gum, sugar, salt, apple cider vinegar and olive oil into the Thermomix bowl. Mix 20 sec/speed 3.
2. Place a small bowl on top of the Thermomix bowl lid. Using the scales, weigh the water into the small bowl. Add yeast and mix together.
Add egg and yoghurt to the yeast water; whisk to combine.
3. With Thermomix on speed 3, add the water mixture through the MC hole. Continue on speed 3 until combined (30-40 secs).
Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 4. Beat mixture 1 min/37°C/speed 3.5. It will be very sticky at this stage.
- 5. Leave dough in the Thermomix bowl to proof, until approx. doubled in size (up to an hour).
6. Preheat overn to 230°C. Line two trays with baking paper or TM OvenMats.
Turn out dough onto a generously floured surface (dough will be soft and sticky). Divide into 6 pieces. You'll need to cover the pieces in flour to make them less sticky.
7. Using your palm, press/pat each piece into a flat circle, about 3-4mm thick. Make sure there is sufficient flour on the surface to prevent them sticking.
Gently transfer to lined trays.
- 8. Drizzle olive oil or melted butter over each Naan, and sprinkle with salt and mixed herbs (& dried garlic if you have some!).
9. Bake in oven for 8-10 mins until golden brown and puffed.
Serve hot. Enjoy!!
Accessories you need
I'm sure you could use bakers flour instead of GF flour, but I haven't tried it!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Basil pesto
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Lemonade Scones
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Strawberry Mint Lemonade