- 130 g lukewarm water
- 1 tsp dried instant yeast
- 20 g white sugar
- 1 heaped tsp green tea powder, from Asian grocery shop
- 20 g vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 250 gram Baker's Flour
- 600 grams cold water, for steaming
- 10 Greaseproof Paper, cut into small squares (4x4cm)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add water, yeast, sugar & green tea powder into the TM bowl and mix for 2 mins at 37C and SP2.
- Add oil, salt & flour to the mixture and mix for 5 seconds on SP5.
- Knead the dough for 2 minutes. Wrap dough in TM Mat and let it proof for at least 45 minutes before shaping the dough to desired shapes.
- Shaping as Roses - Divide dough into 2 parts. Roll out to about 0.5cm in thickness. Use a 7cm cookie cutter to cut out the rounds. Arrange 5 pieces of cut dough on top of each (overlapping in the middle) and space them to about 15-20 cm wide. Gently push the dough into a roll and cut into half to give you two roses. Place the greaseproof paper at the bottom and arrange them in the Varoma dish and tray.
- Allow the dough to rest and proof for 15 minutes before steaming the buns.
- To steam mantou, add 600g of cold water to the TM bowl and place Varoma dish & tray on top and steam for 16 minutes at Varoma heat on SP3.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes and serve as it is or other options including coconut jam (Kaya) or other types of jam.
Preparing the Dough -1xGreen & 1xWhite without green Tea.
Note: This dough is for the Green Tea flavour & colour. For plain dough, omit the green tea powder. You can make 2 set of dough to shape the roses the way you like them - just alternate the green & white cut rounds/dough when making combination coloured Mantou.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Simple Mantou (Steam Bread)
- Green Tea Mantou (Steam Bread - Mantou)
- Pumpkin Mantou (Steam Bread)
- Pandan Coconut Jam (Kaya)
- Kampung Fried Rice (Village style fried rice)
- Curry Puffs
- Hainanese Chicken Rice (Fast & Easy)
- Tom Yum Fried Noodles (Rice Vermicelli)
- Moon cake Mixed Nuts
- Korean Bibimbap Sauce
- Korean Bibimbap (Mixed Rice with Meat and Assorted Vegetables)
- Easy Fried Noodles (Hokkien Mee- KL Hawker Style)
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Keto Ice Cream
- Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Hunker Begendi
- Creamy Bacon & Pesto Pasta Sauce
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Healthy chocolate coconut slice
- Nut free Muesli Bars