- 370 g warm water
- 1.5 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon dried yeast
- 620 g Baker’s Flour
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon Bread Improver (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon macadamia oil
8Recipe is created for
1. Place all ingredients in TM bowl (in the order listed), mix for 7 seconds, speed 7.
2. Knead for 6 minutes, interval speed.
3. Allow dough to sit in TM bowl with lid on for 15 minutes.
4. Once rested, tip dough out onto an oiled surface and knock down*
5. Place dough in jumbo tin, cover with a tea towel and leave to prove in a warm place until nearly risen to the top of the tin.
6. Preheat oven to 180°C.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Once cooked, immediately tip loaf out of tin and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Dairy free, vegetarian, vegan
Wait 20 minutes before slicing.
CHEFS’ TIP: Different batches of flours can give different results, and the weather can also affect your dough. If it is too sticky after kneading, add a little more flour and knead for a little longer.
*‘Knocking down’ refers to punching and then kneading the dough a few times after the first prove. This pushes excess air out of the dough before the next prove, avoiding overly large air pockets and bubbles in your cooked loaf.
recipe by Lailah Drummond | edited by alyce alexandra
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Seafood Risotto
- Hokey Pokey Ice Cream
- Carnation green tea cocktail
- Trout salad & horseradish dressing
- Hot cross bagels
- Spiked truffles
- Almond pulp truffles
- Mango salsa with lime bursts
- Vanilla bean panna cotta with raspberry rosewater coulis
- Coconut lamb curry
- Fresh petite radish salad
- Petite carrot tartlets
- Turkish Delight Cordial
- Delicious gingerbread men or gingerbread house
- Butterscotch Baileys
- Almond and Lemon Bliss Balls
- Beef & Pork Burger Patties
- Vanilla and cinnamon candied almonds
- Brandy Ice Cream
- Sago Plum Pudding
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Spiced Oat Muffins
- Jaffa cake