- 250gm250 grams water
- 10 grams fresh yeast, 5 grams dried yeast
- 200 grams cooked porridge, cold
- 5 gram salt
- 400 gram flour, strong bread flour
- olive oil
- 1 level tablespoons rolled oats
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add the water and yeast.
2 minutes, 40deg, speed 2
- Add salt, cold porridge and flour. 4 minutes
- Don't choose a tin that is too small. Over an hour or more the dough will more than double and you don't want it spilling over the sides. Tip the sticky batter into a tin. I grease the ends but use a strip of baking paper to line the bottom and sides.
- Sprinkle rolled oats on the surface if wanted.
- sit on bench in sun or in a warm place for an hour. Mixture should rise to top of tin. If room is cool leave it to rise longer. It will be have a lovely open texture on a longer rise.
The bread can be put into a hot oven 220°C and then turned down to 190°C after 10 minutes. Cook for about another 25-30 minutes. Look for a golden crust that sounds hollow. towards the end I sometimes take it out of the tin and put it back in the oven for the last 10 minutes as I love a crunchy crust.
Do not cut till cool.
Accessories you need
This bread makes incredible toast. Try it with your favourite hummus for a heavenly experience. Freezez well but slice first.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Walnut and coffee cheesecake slice
- Chocolate zucchini cake
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Chocolate, chia & ginger cookies
- VEGAN Cranberry & Vanilla Protein Balls
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake