- 240 g water
- 40 g white sugar
- 1 tsp Yeast
- 10 g oil
- 500 g plain flour, Can use bakery flour as well
- 1/4 tsp salt
1h 48minPreparation 1h 18minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- water, sugar, yeast into the bowl, 30seconds/37°C/Speed 1
- Oil, plain flour, salt into the bowl, 30 seconds/Speed from 3 to 6 to mix (MC on)
- Put the dough on the thermomat or transfer to another bowl and cover with a cling wrap to prove around 1 hour
- Roll the dough into long shape and cut it into around 12-15 piece by spectula
- Put the shaped Mantou into the Varoma tray and ready to second prove for around 15 mins with the Varoma lid on.
- 500g water into the bowl, 30min/Varoma/Speed 1 to steam Mantou. Or you can use your own steamer to steam Mantou for around 25-30 mins as well.
Proving and Shaping
Can add red bean paste, coconut paste, sesame paste, pork mince, vegetables, etc. into the Mantou during shaping.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Massaman Curry Paste
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Banana and walnut muffins
- Cinnamon scrolls
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Chorizo Risotto
- Courgette Flan