- 190ml Boiling water
- 80g rolled oats
- 200g treacle
- 85g Butter
- 1.5 tsp dried yeast
- 65g tepid water
- 450g bread flour
- 1 egg
- 1tsp salt
- Extra oats or sunflower seeds, For sprinkling on top
2h 25minPreparation 1h 40minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place the oats, butter and treacle in a small bowl and pour over the boiling water.
- Mix the tepid water and yeast in the TM bowl at 37C,Sp2, 30sec.
- Add the egg and mix in 5sec, Sp 2
- Add the cooled oat mixture and the flour and knead for 2-3min, till smooth and glossy but still slightly sticky.
- Tip the dough into a greased bowl( olive oil), form into a ball and turn it over to coat with oil,cover and leave to rise for about an hour (or till doubled)
- When doubled in size, knock the dough down and work briefly into a loaf or cob shape or place into a greased loaf tin. Brush the top lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with oats or sunflower seeds. Cover loosely and leave to rise again for approximately 30min.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190C for approximately 45min or till it sounds hollow when tapped.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Keto Bread
- FLUFFY WHOLEMEAL ROLLS
- Buttermilk Bread Loaf
- Ultimate Pizza Dough
- Sourdough (in a date loaf tin)
- Crusty French baguettes
- Gluten Free Tortillas
- Brötchen (German bread rolls)
- Spelt and Pumpkin seed Bread (lower GI, higher protein, multigrain and seeds)
- Langos (Hungarian fried potato bread)
- Sweet potato bread
- Cheese Sandwich