- 620 g flour plain, can use any type
- 40 g oil, canola or grapeseed
- 500 g Boiling water
- 1/2 tsp salt, (optional)
Add flour first into tm bowl then add oil, boiling water, and salt.
Set timer for 2 minutes
Remove dough to the thermomat
The dough will resemble play dough in texture, that is correct, when it is cool enough to handle, divide the dough in half and then half again. Then split each 1/4 into 6 small round balls of dough. Roll out thinly into a circle using extra flour to prevent dough sticking. Repeat for each ball of dough. You should have 24 rotis.
At the same time warm up the frying pan/ crepe pan until medium hot, put the roti into pan and dry fry until cooked one side, flip and cook the other side. Continue until all 24 rotis are cooked.
Dough - kneading
Accessories you need
When frying the roti's when they start bubbling one can put on top of the cooking roti a cooked one. This helps keep the roti flat against the fry pan.
These roti's freeze really well and I use them as wraps and fill them with cooked chicken, tm mayo and salad to make yummy lunchtime alternatives to sandwiches for the kids.
Watch the video on how to roll & cook.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- German spelt bread
- Wholemeal Spinach and Cheese Scroll - WA School Canteen Approved (Green)
- Milk loaf
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Ruth’s Sourdough Rye Turkish Bread
- Black Buger Buns
- Gf cheese and onion mini breads
- brioche rolls masterchef
- Sue’s White Bread Loaf
- Low FODMAP Easy Everyday White Bread
- Wholemeal rolls
- Dutch Oven Bread (crunchy crust) *** WARNING - THIS BREAD NEEDS 12 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT TO RISE!!!
- Clone of Almond Orange Meringue Pud
- Almond Orange Meringue Pud
- Clone of Fruity Pear Mince Tarts - Apple Sugar Free Version
- Cannelloni with Ricotta and Spinach Served with Tomato Sauce
- Roasted Cauliflower Curry
- Dhal (Lentil curry)
- Spiced Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Blueberry & Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Apricot Chutney
- Carrot Cake
- Soft cookies with Okara (low GI)
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon and Taragon Cream
- Keto Carbonara
- Viennese whirls
- Winter vegetable soup with Asian flavours
- Lady kisses (low GI)
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Lemon Detox Bliss Balls
- German spelt bread
- Stock Powder
- Loaded Tuna & Vegetable Mornay
- Chocolate on Chocolate Cheescake