- 125 g water
- 1 tsp Dry active yeast
- 425 g Flour, Plain
- 150 g Sourdough starter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
3h 35minPreparation 3h 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place water and yeast into thermomix bowl.
2 min/37°C/Speed 2.5
- Remove dough from thermomix and place in a lightly oiled bowl to rise. Cover with wrap or a clean tea towel. Let rise for about 2 hours.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and shape into loaf (or buns). Place loaf (or buns) on to baking paper or oiled baking pan or tray. Let rise for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Put bread in to hot oven and bake for 25-30 minutes (20-25 minutes for buns).
- Tap on the top and underside of bread to test 'doneness'. It should sound hollow. Remove from baking pan/tray and place on wire rack for cooling. Leaving your bread in the pan could create a soggy base. You may like to paint a small amount of olive oil on top of the bread while it is hot. This will give the crust a shiny coat.
Place a cup of hot water in an ovenproof dish next to the bread while cooking. This will help improve the texture of your crust.
The additional yeast in this recipe does not make this a true sourdough bread, as traditional sourdough is leavened only by the starter. However this recipe when baked has a delicious taste and texture.
When bread is cool, slice and place in freezer. Unless you plan to eat and enjoy in the first couple of days.
You can toast the slices from frozen which is very convenient.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Simple Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- BBQ Sauce
- Churros - Gluten free
- DRIED APRICOT SLICE
- Vegan Pesto
- Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)