THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 300 g spelt flour
- 200 g Baker's Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 500 g water, Lukewarm
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- 90 g pumpkin seeds, Or sunflower seeds, or a mixture
- 40 g seeds, hemp, (I used ground)
- 2 level teaspoons bread improver, Or apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup --- quinoa, Tricolour or other
- 2 level teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 heaped tbsp rolled oats, Or quinoa flakes to top
1h 5minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. weigh out 500g lukewarm water (I put an ordinary Mixing bowl on top of the TM bowl and lid so I can use the scales)
2. Add yeast to bowl, stir and set aside for now
3. Measure into TM mixing bowl 2 types of flour, hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds, salt and bread improver (if using apple cider vinegar for improver don’t add it here), mix to combine based on result wanted below.
4. For chunky seeds mix 20sec 2.5 forward and 25 seconds reverse 2.5.
5. For blended “whole meal” like texture mix per above then blend 6 seconds on speed 6.
6. Add reserved yeast/water mixture to TM bowl (and apple cider vinegar if using in place of bread improver) and use knead function for 2 minutes. Keep dirty mixing bowl for step 7.
7. Move mixture into mixing bowl, it will be quite wet (cake mixture like consistency). Add 1/3 cup quinoa and 2 tsp chia seeds and stir by hand to combine.
8. Let sit while oven preheats to 200 degrees Celsius (fanforced). I put mine in a water bath to keep warm but probably isn't necessary.
9. Line or grease a loaf pan, and once oven preheated pour mixture into pan, smooth the top with a spoon and sprinkle toppings such as oats on top.
10. Put in oven for 1 hour. The loaf will be golden brown and when tapped with the flat end of a knife will sound hollow.
11. Leave in pan for 2 mins to cool, then transport onto a board to cool fully.
Adapted from : https://klaraslife.com/en/quick-spelt-bread-recipe-with-hemp-and-sunflower-seeds/?cn-reloaded=1
Recipe is not suitable for bread rolls as the dough consistency is very wet before pouring into the baking dish
Not suitable for bread rolls as mentioned at bottom of recipe.
You can leave out additional quinoa and chia seeds but as I use additional fibre and protein to moderate my blood sugar levels I added
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Five Ingredient Thai Green Curry Recipe:
- Pumpkin Pie
- Salted Cashew and Coconut Slice
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Keto Ice Cream
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits