- 20 g Parmesan cheese
- 10 g fresh parsley
- 300 g Sweet Potato. White or Orange
- 1000 g water
- 160 g Refrigerated Water
- 1.5 tsp dried yeast
- 20 g olive oil
- 400 g Mixed grain Bread Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Bread Improver ( optional)
1. Place Parmesan cheese and parsley in TM and grate for 10 sec/speed 10. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
2. Wash and chop the sweet potato (I like white sweet potatoes), into 2 cm chunks (leave the skin on if you like).
3. Place the potato in the simmering basket and add 1000g water to the TM bowl. Cook for 12-15 minutes, Varoma, Speed 2 or until just cooked. Remove the basket and discard the water.
4. Insert the butterfly. Place the potato into the TM bowl and mash for 20-30 seconds, speed 3-4 or until smooth. Add the cold water and mash for a further 5 seconds, speed 3. Remove the butterfly.
5. If the temperature has dropped to 37C or below, add the remaining ingredients, including Parmesan and parsley, and knead 2 minutes If the temperature is above 37C, wait until it has cooled to 37C then proceed with this step.
6. Check the consistency of the dough, if it is too sticky, add more flour 50g at a time, if it is too dry add more water 20g at a time. Knead for 30s after any additions.
7. Turn the dough out onto a thermomat or floured surface and knead briefly. Wrap and leave to prove for 30-40 mins or until doubled in size.
8. Knock down and shape into desired shape on a baking tray for bread rolls or place into bread tin. Leave to prove for a further 30-40 mins or until just at the top of the tin.
9. Preheat oven to 200C. Drop down to 180C when bread goes in.
10. Slash the top of the loaf (optional) and place bread into the oven and bake for 30 minutes for bread loaf or 15-20 for rolls. Bread is cooked when tapped on top and sounds hollow.
11. Cool on cooling rack. Great with soups, pastas, dips, cheeses and even vegemite.
Try adding some rosemary or thyme for more flavour. Chop the herbs with the flour before (10 seconds speed 10) cooking the potato.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Five Ingredient Thai Green Curry Recipe:
- Pumpkin Pie
- Salted Cashew and Coconut Slice
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Keto Ice Cream
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits