- 10 leaves fresh basil, or 2 tablespoons dried
- 30 g Parmesan cheese
- 220 g lukewarm water
- 7 g dried instant yeast
- 20 g sugar
- 40 g tomato paste, double concentrate or 75g single
- 20 g olive oil
- 1/8 tsp red chilli, dried, optional
- 450 g flour, bakers flour
- 1 tsp salt
- olive oil spray
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- cut up Parmesan into 3cm pieces and add to mixing bowl
- add fresh basil to the mixing bowl and with MC in, speed 10, 10 seconds (if not using fresh basil, add dried basil after adding water).
- scrape down sides of Bowl with spatula.
- add lukewarm water.
- add dried yeast.
- add sugar.
- add olive oil.
- add tomato paste.
- add red pepper flakes (optional).
- add bakers flour.
- add salt.
- with MC in, mix, Speed 3 for 15 seconds.
- using Dough function, knead for 6 minutes.
- remove dough from mixing bowl and form into a ball.
- Spray glass bowl or similar with olive oil spray and place dough, turning once to grease top.
- cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- punch down dough, knead for 1 minute.
- shape into a round loaf and place on a greased baking sheet.
- cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- bake at 190c for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown
- allow to cool on wire rack.
this bread is chewy on the outside, and soft on the inside. Inspired by Panera Tomato Basil Bread.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- apple pie bliss balls
- Coffee Scroll Biscuits
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Banana and walnut muffins
- Cinnamon scrolls
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Chorizo Risotto
- Courgette Flan