- 250 grams zucchini, roughly chopped
- 450 grams wholemeal flour
- 1.5 level tablespoons Gluten flour
- 150 grams bakers flour
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 2 level teaspoons bread improver
- 1 level teaspoon malt barley or sugar
- 1.5 level teaspoons salt
- 50 grams mixed grains of choice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 250+ grams warm water
1. Place zucchini into the and blitz sp5/3 secs. Set aside to drain.
2. Add remaining ingredients in the order listed, including the drained zucchini ( squeeze it to get out as much liquid as possible).
3. Turn dial slowy to sp 7 to combine. Add extra water if required to make a cohesive dough..another tablespoon or 2. It depends on how much moistutre you get out of the zucchini.
4. Knead for 5 minutes.
5. Tip onto a greased mat or bowl and shape into a ball. Cover and rest for 25 minutes.
6. Punch down dough and shape as you wish . Freeform , into a loaf pan or onto paper and into a Dutch oven (cover), as I did. See step 7.
7. If using a Dutch oven, cut 2 large pieces of baking paper and place crosswise into the pan. Flour the surface, slash, cover with the lid and place into a cold oven set to 220c f/f. and bake for 50-60 minutes. *There is no need for a second rise if using this method*
8. If using a pan or free form, leave to rise until dough has doubled, before baking in a preheated oven 180c f/f, for 30 minutes or until cooked when tested.
9. With either method, remove the bread from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
Be very careful...the Dutch oven will be very hot..!
Unbelievably easy...and sooo crunchy..!The zucchini helps keep it moist on the inside.
Sooo delicious served warm with lashing s of butter...or just as yummy, sliced and toasted.. :P
Join my FaceBook group "Thermify me...!" for more recipes, tips and ideas.
Follow me on FaceBook at "Thermify me breadwinners" for bread rolls and yeast based recipes.
And check out my new ebook on breadmaking
Now also available in printed form.
Contact me at Thermifyme.com.au for details
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mixed berry Cheesecake trifle
- Mini cheesecake tarts 2 ways.
- Blueberry and Banana Cake
- Cinnamon swirl cake
- Chocolate crackle Caramel slice
- Viennese whirls
- Kingston biscuits
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Chocolate coconut cake
- Dotty’s Ginger biscuits
- Ham, cheese and pineapple muffins
- Walnut choc-chip cookies