- 100 g dried apricots
- 100 g Currants / Sultanas
- 5 teaspoons dried yeast
- 350 g wholemeal flour
- 150 g bakers flour
- 50 g rolled oats
- 4 teaspoons flaxseeds
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 40 g Butter
- 275 g water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place apricots in TM Bowl and press TURBO pluse until desired consistency. Set aside with currants for later.
2. Add into TM bowl all other ingredients. Mix 40 sec / SP 3
3. Add in reserved fruit and mix a further 5 sec / SP3
4. Knead using "Dough mode" function for 8 mins.
5. Let dough rest for 15-20 mins in an oiled Thermoserver or bowl
6. Once rested place into a medium size loaf tin, cover with clingflim and place in a cold oven with a cup of boiling water. Let rise for 40 mins, then remove water and the cling film and turn on oven to 180. Bake for 25-30 mins or until cooked.
Accessories you need
This is a dense bread that was created to replace my husbands breakfast biscuits. It wont rise much. Best eaten fresh day of baking and next day then sliced and frozen.
Could use any dried fruit.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.