- 170 grams butter room temp
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 180 grams Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 zest of lemon
- 3 Red Apples quartered
- 1 red apple quartered & thinly sliced.
- 1 tablespoon Demerara sugar or brown sugar
Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees
Grease & line a slice tin
Put quartered apples in the bowl. Speed 4/5secs set aside.
Add butter & brown sugar to the bowl beat at speed6/10secs. Scrape down the sides add eggs then repeat one more time.
Add flour, cinnamon, ginger, lemon zest & apples. Speed5/10secs or until mixture is combined.
Pour mixture into prepared tin & smooth out with your spatula.
Lie the thinly sliced quarted apples over the top of the cake mix in any shape formation you wish. I usually just do two lines.
Sprinkle with the Demerara or brown sugar. Works with Caster Sugar also.
Cook in the oven for 25-30mins or until skewer comes out clean. Cool in pan.
Lovely served warm on its own or with a bit of custard over the top.
Freezes well too.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Perfect No-Fail Buttercream Frosting
- ALMOND MILK CUSTARD
- Masala chai gut friendly gummies
- New York Baked Cheesecake
- Chelsea Winter's Crazy Italian chocolate cake (egg free, dairy free)
- Raspberry Rounds
- Sticky Date Pancakes
- Mocha Sorbet (Adult Version)
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Fudge
- Easy Lemon Cheesecake - No bake
- Vanilla Bean Gelato
- Galaktoboureko - Greek Vanilla Slice