- 300 grams plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 175 grams Butter
- 1 x 850 grams Can Apricot Halves
- 150 grams raw sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 180 grams Apricot Syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 x 375 Can Full Fat Evaporated Milk
- Double cream, to serve
1h 0minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Turn oven onto 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a 23cm tin with a removable base. (Square or Round)
- Add Flour and Salt to Bowl and mix 3 seconds - Speed 4 - MC on
- Add butter cut into cubes and mix 6 seconds - Speed 6 until butter is mixed into flour and resembles breadcrumbs.
- Press into a well greased slice tin. (You can press mixture in with your hands, then finish with the back of a spoon to smooth out)
- Drain Apricots in the basket and reserve Syrup.
- Arrange Apricots over base.
- Weigh Sugar into bowl, mix Sugar and Cinnamon together on Speed 2 - 3 Secs - MC on - and sprinkle over the Apricots and base.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Rinse out jug and add Eggs, Evaporated Milk and 3/4 Cup of reserved Syrup.
- Mix 10 seconds - speed 6.
- Pour over Apricots and bake a further 30 minutes, or until custard is set.
- Cut into slices, and serve either hot or cold with whipped cream.
Accessories you need
Canned peaches can also be used for this recipe.
A TM31 can be used to make this recipe too.
This was an absolute favourite of our family that Mum used to make, and is delicious hot out of the oven or cold.
Can also be made with Gluten Free Flour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Keto Ice Cream
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Healthy chocolate coconut slice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Chocolate Chia Pudding (Vegan)
- Chia Custard Pudding - adapted from Pete Evans recipe (Paleo)
- Thermo Cazza's Rocky Road
- Berry Yogurt Sorbet
- Chocolate Muesli
- Detox Juice
- QUINCE BISCUIT PIE WITH MAPLE CREAM
- Vanilla Raspberry Cake with Crème Fraîche Buttercream Frosting
- WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER
- Chocolate Quinoa and Coconut Muffins
- Coconut and Strawberry Cream Bliss Balls
- Salmon With Prawns and Scallops in Champagne Butter Cream Sauce
- CHOCOLATE CREAMY DREAMIES
- Inside Out Bread
- Rosemary & Garlic Broccoli Bread
- Japanese Devilled Eggs
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Five Ingredient Thai Green Curry Recipe:
- Pumpkin Pie
- Salted Cashew and Coconut Slice
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Blue Cheese & Sesame Biscuits
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Keto Ice Cream
- Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie