- 250 g walnuts
- 410 g carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- 140 g raw sugar
- 50 g Butter, softened
- 100 g coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 200 g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 180 g Butter, softened
- 220 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
8Recipe is created for
- Preheat oven to 185C. Grease or line a baking tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Place walnuts into bowl and chop 1sec, sp5. Set aside.
- Place carrots into bowl and chop 4-5sec, sp5. Set aside with walnuts.
- Add remaning cake ingredients to bowl and mix 10sec, sp5.
Add the reserved walnuts and carrots to the bowl and mix reverse, 15sec, sp2. Use the spatula to assist with mixing.
NB: If not fully combined, remove bowl lid and use spatula to hand-combine until desired result is achieved.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 50min.
- Cut the cream cheese and butter into 3cm cubes and place all ingredients into the bowl and mix 20sec, sp5.
- Scrape down the sides and mix a further 20sec on sp5 or until the cream cheese frosting has combined and is smooth and creamy.
- Ice the carrot cake & sprinkle any left over chopped walnuts on top. Store any left overs in an airtight container.
Accessories you need
This recipe creates a lovely, textured cake with visible pieces of carrot and walnut. If you prefer smaller carrot and walnut pieces, simply chop for a few seconds longer to create your desired texture.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Lavender Icecream
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Protein bars
- Chocolate Crackle Egg Nests
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Banana Spelt Muffins
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Variation Apricot Chicken