- 250 g walnuts
- 410 g carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- 140 g raw sugar
- 50 g Butter, softened
- 100 g coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 200 g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 180 g Butter, softened
- 220 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
8Recipe is created for
- Preheat oven to 185C. Grease or line a baking tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Place walnuts into bowl and chop 1sec, sp5. Set aside.
- Place carrots into bowl and chop 4-5sec, sp5. Set aside with walnuts.
- Add remaning cake ingredients to bowl and mix 10sec, sp5.
Add the reserved walnuts and carrots to the bowl and mix reverse, 15sec, sp2. Use the spatula to assist with mixing.
NB: If not fully combined, remove bowl lid and use spatula to hand-combine until desired result is achieved.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 50min.
- Cut the cream cheese and butter into 3cm cubes and place all ingredients into the bowl and mix 20sec, sp5.
- Scrape down the sides and mix a further 20sec on sp5 or until the cream cheese frosting has combined and is smooth and creamy.
- Ice the carrot cake & sprinkle any left over chopped walnuts on top. Store any left overs in an airtight container.
Accessories you need
This recipe creates a lovely, textured cake with visible pieces of carrot and walnut. If you prefer smaller carrot and walnut pieces, simply chop for a few seconds longer to create your desired texture.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Choc Hazelnut Bliss Balls
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Healthy carrot, chia and walnut balls
- New York Baked Cheesecake
- Chocolate Magic Cake
- Knefah Cups
- Dutch chocolate pudding
- Steamed date, fig and chocolate puddings with caramel sauce
- Cherry Ripe Balls
- Peppermint Crisp Log
- family sized Apple and raspberry crumble
- Greek bechamel sauce (for pastitsio)
- Banana pancakes
- 2 in 1 chicken corn soup and baby food
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Basil pesto
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Lemonade Scones
- Honey Sriracha Marinade
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies