- 20 grams chia seeds, (optional)
- 100 grams almonds
- 30 grams sunflower seeds
- 50 grams Goji Berries dried, (optional)
- 100 grams Cashews
- 250 grams medjool dates
- 50 grams Cacao powder raw, (or use cocoa powder)
- 20 grams coconut oil, (optional - helps the mixture to set but there may be enough oil in the nuts
- 1 cup of Desiccated Coconut, (for rolling)
1: Blitz Chia seeds 15 secs on speed 9. Add everything else and blitz on speed 9 until nuts are ground to your liking and the oils have released from the nuts to make a mixture that will form a ball in your hand.
2: For balls: Roll into balls then roll in coconut.For bites: press into a lamington tray and slice when set.
Pop in the fridge to firm. Bet you can't wait that long!
Blitz and Roll
Accessories you need
Remember: the ingredients list can be changed to suit yourself. You might prefer different nuts. Add some protein powder. Or add a handfull of sultanas. Blitzing the chia seeds is optional - I prefer it because they get stuck in my teeth. LOL!
The concept of bliss balls is nuts and dates mixed at high speed until the oils are released from the nuts. This binds the mixuture. The dates add 'stickiness' and sweetness.
From there; add what you like: orange zest, honey, macadamia nuts. Adjust the coconut oil to suit. As you roll the balls you will notice the oil release. Use this is a guide next time if you think they are too oily.
If you prefer bites to balls you can add a chocolate icing to the bites before slicing. How healthy you make it is up to you.
Regardless of what you mix in.... it's a darn good fix to replace chocolate plus they're protein packed health bombs to boot!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Almond Butter Fudge
- Choc Orange Bliss Balls
- Banana, coconut and choc chip Ice cream - vegan, egg free, DF
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Guilt-free vegan Chocolate Balls
- Rocky Road
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
- Macha Blancmange
- Strawberry and pear pancakes
- Orange and Poppy Seed Energy Balls
- Sticky Date Baked Cheesecake
- 4 ingredient Crunchie Ice Cream Sandwiches