- 400 g Fresh figs
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 litre Full fat pouring/Pure Cream, Do not buy thickened!
- 150 g raw sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tsp Vanilla Paste, or scrape out some beans from a vanilla pod (the best idea)
- 1 pinch sea salt
Place halved figs in TM with sugar and water. Cook at 70 degrees, 15 mins, . Puree 20 sec/speed 5. Set aside
Place sugar in mixing bowl and mill 2 sec/speed 9. Add all remaining ingredients and cook 6 min/80 deg/speed 4.
Add reserved fig puree and mix 20 sec/speed 3.
Pour mixture into container and cover. Place into freezer for 3-4 hours or until firm.
Remove ice cream and cut into ice cube pieces. Place in mixing bowl and blend 30 sec/speed 9, then 20 sec/speed 4. (This recipe is double the one in the EDC and needs to be done in about 3 batches, otherwise you will overload poor thermie). I just inverted the container into a bowl and chopped it up in there, and then put the blitzed ice cream back into the original container.
Place container back in freezer and chill for 3-4 hours prior to serving.
Caramelise your figs
This was just sooooo delicious. Very soft too.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Keto Ice Cream
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Healthy chocolate coconut slice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Chocolate Chia Pudding (Vegan)
- Chia Custard Pudding - adapted from Pete Evans recipe (Paleo)
- Thermo Cazza's Rocky Road
- Berry Yogurt Sorbet
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- Genovese pasta
- Cashew Milk (Mylk)
- Pizza dough thin and crispy