THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 100 g pitted dates
- 45 g raw cashews
- 260 g water
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, heaped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 -1 tsp ground ginger, (to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 --- cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 140 g sugar, (white or raw)
- 1 portion Fresh strawberries
- 1 quantity chocolate cake
Cut cake into desired shapes e.g. heart/square/circle etc and place one piece on each plate.
Sauce: Add all ingredients to bowl. Blend 1 min, speed 10.
Scrape down sides and lid.
Cook 6 mins, 90°, speed 3 until thickened.
Cover cake with hot sauce.
Basil Sugar: Add basil and sugar to bowl. Blitz 3-5 secs speed 7.
Slice or dice strawberries.
Serve strawberries on side, sprinkled with basil sugar.
Basil sugar is great for sprinkling on sorbet or fresh fruit salad. It is best eaten on the day it is made. It will last overnight in the fridge (in an airtight container) but the basil will discolour and start to turn brown if left too long.
Chocolate Sauce is great for pouring over ice cream or pudding or dipping churros. See variations for sauce here:
This recipe can be gluten free if using gluten free chocolate cake e.g. Torte Caprese (EDC/BCB)
Can be vegan if using vegan chocolate cake e.g. //www.recipecommunity.com.au/baking-sweet-recipes/vegan-cake/73180.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Wholesome Choco Fix Balls
- Raw Lemon Slice
- DATE & COCONUT BLISS BALLS
- CARAMEL GINGER FUDGE
- Strawberry Bliss Balls
- Caramel Hemp Protein Balls
- Dans frozen treats Variation Frozen Mango Bars...
- Dans Nuts. Doughnuts that is. Variation Jam Ball Donuts.
- Dairy and Egg free Chocolate Custard
- Janine's Berry Bounty Bites - Thermie and Friends
- Persimmon Pudding (Percy Pud)
- Nutella Ice Cream (no eggs)
- Fennel Puree
- SPICED BANANA BREAD (EGG-FREE, DAIRY FREE)
- Bulk, Catering Quantity(12L) Pancake Batter
- Very Easy Chocolate Fudge Sauce (Gluten-Free, sugar-free, dairy free, soy-free, vegan, scrumptious!)
- Allergy Friendly Zucchini Slice (Egg-free, gluten-free, dairy-free)
- MOROCCAN RICE SALAD
- Grape Pudding / Grape Juice Pudding GF DF
- Quince & Cardamom Steamed Puddings
- Apple Oat Slice - Wheat free; Egg free; Vegan
- Dairy Free, Egg-free 'Cheese' & Herb Gnocchi in Tomato Sauce
- Spicy Vegan Sausages (Wheat Free)
- Quickest Scones
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- JUMBO BREAD LOAF
- Maltese Galletti
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Sourdough discard Raisin Bread
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom
- Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Vegan potato bake with browned onions
- Vegan Creamy tomato and pepperoni fettuccine
- Dogs dinner - meat stew (quick and easy)