THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 100 g pitted dates
- 45 g raw cashews
- 260 g water
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, heaped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 -1 tsp ground ginger, (to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 --- cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 140 g sugar, (white or raw)
- 1 portion Fresh strawberries
- 1 quantity chocolate cake
Cut cake into desired shapes e.g. heart/square/circle etc and place one piece on each plate.
Sauce: Add all ingredients to bowl. Blend 1 min, speed 10.
Scrape down sides and lid.
Cook 6 mins, 90°, speed 3 until thickened.
Cover cake with hot sauce.
Basil Sugar: Add basil and sugar to bowl. Blitz 3-5 secs speed 7.
Slice or dice strawberries.
Serve strawberries on side, sprinkled with basil sugar.
Basil sugar is great for sprinkling on sorbet or fresh fruit salad. It is best eaten on the day it is made. It will last overnight in the fridge (in an airtight container) but the basil will discolour and start to turn brown if left too long.
Chocolate Sauce is great for pouring over ice cream or pudding or dipping churros. See variations for sauce here:
This recipe can be gluten free if using gluten free chocolate cake e.g. Torte Caprese (EDC/BCB)
Can be vegan if using vegan chocolate cake e.g. //www.recipecommunity.com.au/baking-sweet-recipes/vegan-cake/73180.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rima’s Lebanese pistachio ice cream
- cocoa - energy balls (vegan&raw)
- Hazelnut and Amaranth Chocolate
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Fennel Puree
- SPICED BANANA BREAD (EGG-FREE, DAIRY FREE)
- Bulk, Catering Quantity(12L) Pancake Batter
- Very Easy Chocolate Fudge Sauce (Gluten-Free, sugar-free, dairy free, soy-free, vegan, scrumptious!)
- Allergy Friendly Zucchini Slice (Egg-free, gluten-free, dairy-free)
- MOROCCAN RICE SALAD
- Grape Pudding / Grape Juice Pudding GF DF
- Quince & Cardamom Steamed Puddings
- Apple Oat Slice - Wheat free; Egg free; Vegan
- Dairy Free, Egg-free 'Cheese' & Herb Gnocchi in Tomato Sauce
- Spicy Vegan Sausages (Wheat Free)
- Quickest Scones
- Fluffy Coffee Whip - aka Dalgona
- Broccoli and Kale Soup
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Worcestershire Sauce (paleo, AIP)
- Fluffy scones
- Crusty Loaf
- Paneer Masala In Tomato Curry
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Green goodness soup