- 1000 g Milk, any type
- 190 g raw sugar
- 220 g chocolate, I use Lindt 70% chocolate
- 110 g cornflour
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla essence or extract
- 2 package Arnotts Lattice Biscuits
- icing sugar
- softened butter
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Break the chocolate into pieces and blitz 6 seconds Speed 9.
Select the Custard from the Automated Recipes on your BCB chip. Choose 6-8 Portions, and select Thick & Creamy. Add the 1000g milk, 190g raw sugar, 110g cornflour, 4 eggs, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract/essence to the Thermomix bowl. Turn the silver knob to begin.
Meanwhile, line a slice tray with baking paper. Place 15 Lattice biscuits, glazed side down, as close as possible together in the tray.
Spread the custard evenly over the biscuits, then place a layer of Lattice biscuits, glazed side up, on top of the custard - trying to match up with the bottom layer of biscuits.
Place into the 'fridge to cool. Wash and dry your Thermomix bowl.
Add the icing sugar, a teaspoon of softened butter, and a dash of milk to the Thermomix bowl. Mix for 20 seconds REVERSE Speed 1 until smooth. Add more icing sugar if too runny, or a little more milk if too dry.
Spread the icing over the top of the Lattice biscuits.
Cut into individual Vanilla Slices, following the edges of the biscuits. Keep refrigerated, and enjoy
Thermamazing Chocolate Vanilla Slice
Accessories you need
Adding YIAH Raspberry Chocolate Truffle powder to the icing adds a lot of VA VA VOOM to your yummy Chocolate Vanilla Slices.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- Choc Mint Bliss Ball Slice
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one
- Peachy Whip
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Quick n Easy Vanilla Slice
- Caramilk Vanilla Slice
- Roasted strawberry icecream
- Thermomix Fig Salami
- Almond and oat Bliss Balls
- Traditional Welsh Cakes
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Chai Turmeric
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Chewy Chocolate Slice
- Gherkin and Dill Dip
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Peach and Almond Dessert Cake
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Mocha Protein Frappe
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Quick n Easy Vanilla Slice