- 320 g all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 120 g Butter, cold
- 1 package strawberries hulled
- whipping cream for topping
- sugar for berries
- 180 g Coconut Milk or Cream
Recipe is created for
Rinse the berries under cold water, drain well, hull and slice the berries, sprinkle with sugar and set aside.
whip cream with butterfly, sweeten with 2 tablespoons of sugar if desired, put in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Put flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in thermomix bowl and mix on speed 5/5 seconds.
cut butter into about 8 pieces and turbo 3/4 times until mixture resembles a coarse meal with pea sized butter chunks left in the mixture.
Pour mixture into a bowl and make a well in the center. Mix with a fork gently until dough is just moist.. Then let if sit for a minute. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and fold onto itself 2 to 3 times.
Gently pat the dough into a 6 by 12 inch rectangle about 3/4 inch thick and cut into 3 inch biscuits with a floured round cutter. Transfer to a tray with baking paper and cook for 10-15 min until golden brown. Remove from oven, cut through center and fill with berries and cream. Leaving enough cream for topping.
Classic Strawberry Shortcake
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate caramel coconut balls
- Mel’s anything goes Rocky Road
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- SUTLIJASH (RICE PUDDING)
- Chocolate Mousse - 2 ingredients and egg free
- Cashew Custard, dairy free
- Sticky Date and Pear Cake
- Raspberry, almond, cacao and hemp bliss balls
- Pouring sugar-free low-fat Vanilla Custard
- 'The Real Deal' Creme Brulee
- Chocolate Bliss Balls (my version of Boost Juice ones)
- Garlic Soup
- Blue Cheese and Caper Butter
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Calamansi Jam/Marmalade
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- The Best butter cream frosting