- 4 --- Egg Whites at room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar, white
- 200 grams Caster Sugar (or milled from raw)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond essence
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon Boiling water
- 125 grams flaked almonds, 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 4 egg yolks
- 125 grams Milk
- 100 grams sugar raw
- 125 grams orange juice, Freshly sqeezed
- 70 grams lime juiced, can substitute lemon
- 250 grams cream
- 2 zest of orange, two Oranges Zest
Preheat oven to 140c . Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Throughly clean mixing bowl (as per Pavlova )
Insert Butterfly. Place egg whites into TM bowl and mix 10 minutes Speed 3 . Once the eggs whites become foamy whilst still mixing add the vinegar, keep going once stiff (after about 5 minutes of the 10) and when whites are quite stiff slowly start adding reserved sugar through top.
With blades rotating 10 sec/ speed 3 add almond essence, cornflour and boiled water.
Bake 140 for 20 mins and then decrease to 120c for 1 1/2 hours turn off oven and let Meringue go cold.
Put in Butterfly,
Place all Orange Custard Ingredients into TM bowl . 10 Minutes/90/speed 4.
Check custard is cooked and thick allow to cool
Put in Butterfly
Put Cream and orange zest into clean bowl, watch carefully and whip cream until just stiff (be careful not to over whip)
Fold whipped cream through custard.
Pop in a bowl into freezer allow to get quite thick and frozen.
lay one rectangle of meringe on baking paper and foil then add 1/2 frozen cusard mixture on top and then add another rectange on top and the other 1/2 of custard mixure on this and then top with final rectangle. Use foil and baking paper and package up to go into your freezer for at least 4 hours before serving. When serving allow 15 minutes to soften before slicing ... ENJOY its such an amazing desert... great for special occasions and can be made weeks in advance... and frozen...
Folding of cream into custard
Assembly of pudding
Use EDC tips on clean bowl for Meringue
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate self saucing pudding
- Green Tea Panna Cotta
- Znoud el sit
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Balls
- Banana Tart
- Lotus biscuit kenef
- Apricot Nectar Cheesecake - No bake/unbaked
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- White Chocolate Mud Cake
- Almond Orange Meringue Pud
- Clone of Fruity Pear Mince Tarts - Apple Sugar Free Version
- Cannelloni with Ricotta and Spinach Served with Tomato Sauce
- Roasted Cauliflower Curry
- Roti, Chapati or Wrap
- Dhal (Lentil curry)
- Spiced Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Blueberry & Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Apricot Chutney
- Carrot Cake