THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 400ml whole milk
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 25gms powdered gelatine
- 85gms sugar
- 25gms peeled root ginger
- 100ml water
- 250 gmss finely diced fresh pineapple
- 1 small red chilli de-seeded and finely diced
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Mill sugar for 10 seconds on speed 10.
Add milk and coconut milk to bowl.
Split the vanilla bean pod with a sharp knife and scrape out the seeds. Add the pod and the seeds to the milk and sugar mixture and cook for 9-10 minutes, 100 degrees on reverse, speed 1.
Leave mixture to infuse for 5-10 minutes.
Remove the vanilla bean pod.
Add the gelatine to the milk mixture and mix for 30 seconds on speed 4.
Pour mixture into dariole moulds, ramekins or serving bowls and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until the top is wobbly but firm. These can be prepared up to 2 days in advance.
Place sugar into a clean, dry bowl and mill for 8 seconds on speed 8.
Add ginger and chop for a few seconds on speed 8.
Add water and cook syrup for 3 mins at 100 degrees on speed 2.
Reduce heat to 70 degrees,and cook for another 5 minutes on spped 2.
Leave to cool.
This can be made up to a week ahead.
Finely dice the pineapple and chilli and mix together.
Pour cooled syrup over the salsa.
Server in the ramekin or dish with a spoon of the salsa and a sprinkle of toasted coconut.
Alternately, warm the mould for a few seconds by immersing the sides only of the dish in warm water to loosen the pana cotta before tipping it out of the mould onto a plate. Top with the salsa and coconut.
Accessories you need
This is a refreshing dessert that can be made without dairy, and is easy to prepare before a dinner party and makes for a light finish to a meal with maximum wow and minimum effort!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rima’s Lebanese pistachio ice cream
- cocoa - energy balls (vegan&raw)
- Hazelnut and Amaranth Chocolate
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Snowy’s Pork Ribs
- Fluffy Coffee Whip - aka Dalgona
- Broccoli and Kale Soup
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Worcestershire Sauce (paleo, AIP)
- Fluffy scones
- Crusty Loaf
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Green goodness soup