- 7 granny smith apples, Peeled and cored. chopped into 2.5cm chunks
- 1-2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon All-Spice, Shop bought or home made is good
- 120 gram Butter, Cut into cubes
- 100 gram golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 100 gram rolled oats
- 150 gram plain flour
- 70 gram light brown sugar, Your can use dark brown if you dont have light brown
- 50 gram desicated coconut
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preparing the apple filling by peeling apples and core. Chop into approximately 2.5 centimetre chunks. Makes about 560 grams of chopped apples
Put apples into bowl and add 200 grams of water, 1 teaspoon of allspice (to taste), 1-2 tablespoons of white sugar (to taste), cook for 10 minutes / 100oC / Speed 1
Drain cooked apples in the simmer basket and place evenly into the 9.5 inch or 24cm pie dish
Place butter and golden syrup into mixing bowl and heat for 2 minutes / 60oC / Speed 2
Scrape down sides of the mixing bowl with spatula.
Add bicarbonate of soda and mix for 5 seconds / Speed 3
Add rolled oats, plain flour, brown sugar and desiccated coconut and mix for 10 seconds / Speed 4.
Scrape down sides of the mixing bowl with the spatula and repeat, 10 seconds / Speed 4
The topping will be sticky, so you need to pull it apart and place over apples until completely covered.
Bake in preheated oven at 160oC fan forced until golden brown.
You can use this recipe to make:
Pie - blind bake base and add filling and topping and bake
Ramekins - Fill ramekins with filling and cover with topping and bake
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Clean Snickers Slice
- Taro and sago
- BLACK RICE YOGHURT
- Varoma Rhubarb
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Omega3 Brain Boost Mousse
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Fruit slice
- Apple Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Muffins
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Clean Snickers Slice
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Autumn Pear cake
- Golden syrup spice cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Variation Limes puff
- Banana Cake (Women's Weekly Recipe)
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Chicken Liver Pate