- 250 g pears, peel &amp;amp; slice into large chunks
- 250 g feijoas, scoop out flesh
- 50 g Glace or crystallised ginger
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 lemon, peel rind
- 180 g Butter
- 235 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- juice lemon
- 160 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar
For the Topping:
Mill lemon peel, sugar and glace/crystallised ginger in TM bowl 10sec/speed 9, scrape down sides with spatula.
Peel pear and cut into quarters. Scoop out feijoa flesh. Add to TM bowl mix 2 sec/speed 6. Set aside.
For the Base:
Mill Sugar 3 sec/speed 9 - set aside.
Add butter and if it is not room temperature soften 50 degrees C 40 sec/speed 4.
Add sugar back into TM bowl and beat til fluffy 1 min/speed 5.
With TM on speed 2 - add egg, vanilla, lemon juice, then add flour baking powder and ginger - beat 40-50 sec/speed 2.
Line the base of a sponge roll tin with silicon non stick baking paper.
Take 2/3 of base mixture and spread into tin. (It is sticky, so heat an off set metal spatula with hot water, dry on cloth, and smoothing base mixture into tin.
Bake for 15 mins at 180 degrees C.
Take tin out and pour topping onto base and spread evenly.
Evenly, place and smooth slightly, teaspoons of the 1/3 base mixture onto of the Feijoa, Pear, Ginger topping.
Sprinkle extra brown sugar over the top.
Bake 50-60 mins until edges are nicely brown and topping is set. Let it stand for 5 mins before removing from tin onto cooling rack.
When cooked sprinkle with extra icing sugar and serve warm with whipped cream and vanilla ice cream.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius - fan bake
Accessories you need
When you put the silicon paper into the tin make sure there is enough overlap over the side that you can pick the slice up by holding the short sides of the silicon paper taut and quickly transferring to a cooling rack.
The shortcake should be brown on the bottom but soft to the bite.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Keto Ice Cream
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Healthy chocolate coconut slice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Chocolate Chia Pudding (Vegan)
- Chia Custard Pudding - adapted from Pete Evans recipe (Paleo)
- Thermo Cazza's Rocky Road
- Berry Yogurt Sorbet
- Rosemary & Garlic Broccoli Bread
- Japanese Devilled Eggs
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Five Ingredient Thai Green Curry Recipe:
- Pumpkin Pie
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Blue Cheese & Sesame Biscuits
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Keto Ice Cream