- 110 grams castor sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 80 grams Butter
- 60 grams flaked almonds
- 75 grams toasted blanched almonds
- 140 grams Plain Flour.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 120 grams unsalted butter
- 200 grams castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Almond extract
- 3 large room temperature eggs
- Icing Sugar to Dust
Insert butterfly into TM bowl and add all ingredients. Cook for 8 minutes at 80 degrees C on speed 3. Let cool in fridge for 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 180C. Generously butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch (27cm) round springform pan. Line the bottom of the pan with a circle of baking parchment. Gently press about half of the flaked almonds against the side of the pan, adhering them about 2/3 of the way up from the bottom.
In TM combine the toasted blanched almonds, flour, baking powder and salt. Process on speed 9 for 10 seconds til finely chopped. Set aside.
In a small separate bowl, beat the eggs lightly with a fork until frothy.
Cream butter on speed 5 for 30 seconds, until creamy. Gradually add sugar and continue beating for 20 seconds until light in texture and almost white in color. Add in vanilla and almond extracts and process for another 5 seconds.
Add the almond/flour mixture into the butter mixture until blended (the batter will be stiff).Beat in the eggs until smooth. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread it into an even layer with the back of a spoon. Spoon 8 tablespoons of the lime curd in an evenly-spaced ring around the top of the cake batter, about a 1/2-inch in from the side of the pan. Spoon 3 tablespoons evenly spaced into the center of the ring (it will all melt together into an even layer in the oven). Sprinkle the remaining flaked almonds over the top of the batter. Lightly dust withicing sugar.
Bake the torta for 25-35 minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Cool the torta completely in the pan set on a wire rack. Run a thin-bladed knife around the edge of the torta to loosen it from the side of the pan before removing. Peel off the baking paper and dust the torta with more icing sugar before serving. Serve at room temperature.
Method for Lime Curd
Method for Torte
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheats Vanilla Slice
- Deliciously thick Chocolate Custard
- Choc Orange Bliss Balls
- Strawberry Tiramisu (kids friendly, no alcohol)
- Chocolate self saucing pudding
- Green Tea Panna Cotta
- Znoud el sit
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Balls
- Banana Tart
- Ricotta Cannoli Cake
- Moist Coconut Cupcakes with "Coconut Ice" Frosting
- Gluten Free Crackers
- Blueberry Croissant Pudding
- Chicken with Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- Healthy Choc Topped Mini Mint Cheesecakes
- Cabernet Cranberry and Blueberry Sauce
- Fresh Lime Chickpea Drizzle Cake
- Fresh Lime Custard Cream Butter Cake
- Fresh Lime Curd Ice cream
- Lemon Custard Cream Butter Cake