- 850 g butternut pumpkin, seeded, skin on
- 70 g pitted prunes
- 80 g pistachios
- 40 g sunflower seeds
- 45 g almonds
- 160 g pitted dates
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 300 g bananas, roughly chopped
- 50 g Pure Maple Syrup
- raw cacao nibs, to garnish
Preheat oven to 180oc and line baking tray with greaseproof paper. Place pumpkin cut side down on the tray and roast for 1 1/2 hours or until tender. Once the pumpkin is cooked, scoop out flesh and set aside.
Place prunes in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 30 minutes.
Add pistachios, sunflower seeds and almonds into mixing bowl and roast for 10 min/100o//speed 1.
Add dates, 2 tbsp agave nectar, 1 tbsp cacao powder, 2 tsp coconut oil and chop 10 sec/speed 6 or until finely chopped and well combined. Transfer to a lined loaf tin and even out mixture. Set in the freezer for 1 hour.
Drain prunes of water. Discard water and add prunes to bowl with 300 g pumpkin flesh and remaining cacao powder, agave nectar, coconut oil, bananas and pure maple syrup. Blend 10 sec/speed 7 then scrape down sides of the mixing bowl with the spatula. Repeat until mixture is a smooth consistency. Adjust sweetener (pure maple syrup or agave nectar) according to your tastes.
Pour onto nut mixture to form a second layer for your choc bliss bar. Sprinkle with raw cacao nibs then place in the freezer for another hour to set before slicing to serve.
Accessories you need
Adapted from recipe in Taste magazine, October 2013, p. 72
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apricot Roll Ups / Fruit Leathers - @Thermo.Cazza
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- Choc Mint Bliss Ball Slice
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one
- Peachy Whip
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Quick n Easy Vanilla Slice
- Caramilk Vanilla Slice
- Roasted strawberry icecream
- Thermomix Fig Salami
- Almond and oat Bliss Balls
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Cookies
- Thai pork with eggplant
- Chicken pot pie
- Creamy Chicken Macaroni
- Gluten free zucchini slice
- Mascarpone and Herb Tart with Roasted Capsicum
- Roast Pumpkin with Fruity Rice
- Lemon Chicken Stirfry
- Donna Hay's Ultimate One Bowl Chocolate Dessert Cake
- Walnut, Feta and Quinoa Salad
- A Quiche for Cheats
- Two Tone (Chocolate/Hazelnut) Christmas Shortbread