- 2-3cm piece Ginger, peeled, (or 1-2 tsp ground ginger)
- 60 g raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 170 g cups S R flour, (or plain flour with 2 tsp baking powder)
- 170 g Milk
- 100 g raisins, optional
- candied ginger, for garnish
- 130 g unsalted butter, cubed
- Extra butter for greasing
- pure cream, for serving
If using candied ginger for garnish, bllitz on speed 7 for 4 seconds then set aside. No need to wash the bowl.
Mill sugar and with it the ginger root, for 25 seconds on speed 10.
Add butter and golden syrup, then mix for 8 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl and add eggs and milk and mix for 8 seconds on speed 5.
Add flour, mix on , 30 seconds,speed 5. Scrape down bowl and mix another 5 seconds on speed 5.
Divide batter into cup cake moulds and place into Varoma dish and tray. Rinse TM bowl and add 1 litre water.
Serve with cream, custard. For a nice garnish, sprinkle a pinch of chopped, candied ginger onto the cream.
Another decadent twist someone suggested to me is to add some white chocolate, but don't ask me how much - experiment and tell us how you went!
Thanks to all those who have made comments on the recipe. There are some nice ideas and good advice in amongst the comments below.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls
- Rocky Road
- Choc Mousse 2 ingredients low Fodmap
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Russian Meatloaf
- Varoma pumpkin & whisky bread & butter pudding
- Pumpkin Jam (Misti Kumra)
- Pumpkin and Lentil Dahl
- Hidden Vege Sorbet
- Creamed Cheese Bread Pudding using leftover fruitcake
- Poached Pumpkin with Sesame and Cloves
- Ginger Margarita Sorbet
- Gluten-free maple pudding
- Spiced Blueberry Mousse
- Kasha (Buckwheat with Mushrooms and Onions)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- Zopf (Swiss Milk Bread)
- Apple-Cinnamon Choc Chip Muffin
- Easy peasy iced custard tarts
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- Nut butter Porridge
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Zuchinni, rice slice