- 250 g Arnott's Nice biscuits
- 140 g butter, melted
- 500 g cream cheese, chopped and softened
- 300 g sour cream
- 155 g caster sugar
- Rind of a lemon
- 4 tbs lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 200 g caster sugar
8Recipe is created for
Line the base of a 20cm or 22cm springform tin.
To prepare base:
Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celcius.
Add biscuits to the TM bowl and press the turbo button in short bursts until finely crushed.
Add melted butter and mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds.
Transfer the biscuit mixture to the tin and press firmly into the base and sides. Place in the fridge to chill.
To prepare filling:
To a clean TM bowl add the cream cheese, rind, juice, sour cream and sugar and mix on speed 6 for 30 seconds (using the spatula to assist) or until smooth.
Scrape down the sides of the TM bowl and add the eggs. Mix on speed 5 for 15 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again and mix on speed 5 for a further 15 seconds, or until combined.
Pour cheese mixture into the base and bake for 1 hour or until just set in the centre.
Turn the oven off and leave to cool with the oven door ajar (to stop cheesecake cracking).
Place in the fridge overnight (or for at least 2 - 4 hours) to chill.
To prepare meringue:
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius.
Whisk the egg whites until firm peaks form. Add sugar gradually and whisk until mixture is glossy and thick and the sugar has dissolved.
Spoon onto the top of the cheesecake and spread right to the edges.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. This can happen quite quickly so make sure you check it regularly.
Return to the fridge to chill before serving (not essential if you don't have the time).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Christmas Pudding - Gluten Free or Regular
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cheesecake
- Variation Stewed Rhubarb and Apple
- Basque Cheesecake
- Paleo dates, macadamia and cacao bliss balls
- Vegan Sweet Potato Waffles
- Choc Mint Hummus
- Sticky Date Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- Coconut matcha panna cotta
- Macarons with White Chocolate and Raspberry Ganache
- TLC Buttercream
- Deconstructed eton mess - Beni Orwell
- Roast Garlic and Porcini Butter
- Spicy Pear Celebration Cake - Gluten Free
- Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Cream (Vegan, Dairy free)
- Salmon and Veggie Pasta for Kids
- Green Sorbet
- Salmon Bake
- Damp Almond Cake
- Simple Steamed Salmon
- Spice Cookies
- Cranberry, White Chocolate and Buttermilk Scones
- Chocolate Melting Moments With Peppermint Cream
- Tash's Banana Cake with Maple Buttercream