- 1 package Marie biscuits
- 2 heaped tsp lemon rind
- 125 g Butter, (Unsalted if you wish)
- 250 g cream cheese, Cut into 3 cm cubes
- 1 can condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks, Large
- 3 heaped tsp lemon rind
- 125 g lemon juice
- 4 egg whites, Preferrably room temperature
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 150 g castor sugar, Or icing sugar or mill raw sugar for approx 10 sec Sp 10 & repeat until white in colour
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Cut the rind off 2 large lemons put into bowl & grate 5 sec Sp 9 leave 2 heaped tsp in bowl & set the rest aside.
2. Place 1 Pkt Marie biscuits into bowl & crush 5 sec Sp 6 (although if you like some chunky bits try speed 4)
3. Add cubed butter to biscuit & lemon rind & melt 3 mins 50c Sp 3 or until combined well.
4. Put into pie dish & push down on the base & up the sides with the base of a smooth glass.
5. Place in the fridge while preparing the filling
1. Rinse & dry bowl
2. Beat Cream Cheese 10 sec Sp 6 or until smooth & scrape down bowl, including the bottom of the bowl.
3. Add egg yolks, condensed milk, lemon juice & rind & mix 5 sec Sp 6, scrape down bowl & loosen bottom of bowl & mx again 5 sec Sp 6.
4. Pour into base & place back into the fridge while preparing Meringue
1. Clean & dry bowl VERY well. Use vinegar & water technique if desired.
2. Preheat oven to 180*C FAN FORCED or 200*C conventional oven.
3. Insert butterfly whisk.
4. Place room temperature egg whites & cream of tartar into bowl & whip 4 min/50*C/Sp 3.5 until stiff peaks form.
5. Then mix 4 min/50*C/Sp 3 adding 1 tbsp of sugar at a time through the hole in the bowl lid.
6. Place on top of filling in pie dish & use the pack of a spoon to form peaks.
7. Cook for approximately 7-15 mins or until top is golden & peaks are brown.
8. Leave for 30 mins (if you can wait) to allow filling to set a little as it will spill out when you cut into it. Or refrigerate & enjoy cold for a set filling.
Delicious warm but filling will be very soft.
Add a dash of whipped cream.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate on Chocolate Cheescake
- Chocolate Custard
- Easy automated yogurt - TM5
- Jaffa Cheesecake Slice
- Creamy Lemon Pots
- Apple Crumble Bliss Balls
- 5 Ingredient Easy peasy Salted Caramel fudge
- The best Easy peasy Chocolate mousse
- The perfect caramel slice
- Malteser slice
- Strawberry Carrot Leather
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon and Taragon Cream
- Viennese whirls
- Lady kisses (low GI)
- Loaded Tuna & Vegetable Mornay
- Chocolate on Chocolate Cheescake
- Coconut Fingers
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Sam's Chocolate Brownies
- Michelle's Choc Chip Cookies
- Passionfruit & Orange Curd/Butter
- Lemon and White Chocolate Cookies
- Monte Carlo Biscuits - Foodie Mumma Ren Style