- 1/4 level teaspoon salt
- 3 heaped teaspoon dried yeast
- 250 --- warm water
- --- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 250 grams plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 --- cup of honeycomb
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 heaped teaspoon cinnamon
Recipe is created for
Add water, salt, yeast in TM bowl. Mix 5 secs speed 3
Add flour and slowly bring up to speed 3-4 allow to mix until mixture is smooth and slightyly frothy. Don't overmix. About 20 secs
Pour into a big bowl & cover with clean tea towel and leave in a warm place for about 1 hour until it has doulbled in size and looks frothy.
Heat oil to very hot but not smoking
Dip a teaspoon in water to prevent the mix from sticking and take a teaspoon of mixture a drop into hot oil. Cook about 6 - 8 puffs at a time, depending on the size of your fryer.
The Loukoumades puff up quickly and rise to the surface of the oil, turn them over and as they turn a golden colour take them out with a slotted spoon and place them on absorbent paper.
Add water, sugar and honey in TM bowl.
Cook on Varoma, for 5 mins speed spoon. You may need to increase time by a minute or two if you prefer a thicker syrup. As you fry the puffs and the syrup has finished the cooking time, just allow the blade to turn on speed spoon to keep it warm.
Place 4 -5 of the hot Loukoumades puffs on a plate and drizzle the honey syrup over them and sprinkle a light dusting of the cinnamon over the top.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Balls
- Banana Tart
- Raw Cacao & Almond Protein Balls
- Lotus biscuit kenef
- Apricot Nectar Cheesecake - No bake/unbaked
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- White Chocolate Mud Cake
- Aunty Maree's Best Banana Cake Ever
- It’s Lime Cheesecake!
- LONG JOHNS (CREAM DOUGHNUT)
- Shady Grady Cheesecake
- Croatian Kifle ~ Shortcrust biscuits with jam
- Raspberry Ripple Nougat Parfait TM adjusted from Lyndey's Cracking Christmas
- Croatian ~ Mlince
- Corn Fritters
- Croatian Plum Dumplings ~ Knedle s Sljivama
- Tomato sauce for Ricotta Gnocchi or any pasta dish
- Ricotta Gnocchi
- Galaktoboureko Greek Custard Pie
- Baked 'Bistro-Style' Cheesecake
- Italian Doughnuts or Donuts!
- Homemade Bagels
- Courgette Flan
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Mandy's Chai Latte mix
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Noodle Soup Recipe
- Ooba Carrot Cake
- Caprese Sandwich
- Spreadable GHEE