- 230 g fresh lychees, peeled and stone removed
- 380 g white sugar
- 30 g Gelatine powder
- 1 tsp freshly squuezed lime juice
- 1 piece lime zest and juice, (7x3cm)
- 50 g glucose syrup
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 tsp natural pink food colouring
- icing sugar, to coat
- Line a 11 x 22cm loaf tin with baking paper, allowing it to hang over the sides slightly. Set aside.
Place lychees into mixing bowl and puree 10 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add 50 g of the sugar and cook 5 min/100°C/speed 1.
Add gelatine and heat 2 min/60°C/speed 2.
Add remaining sugar, lime juice, lime zest, cornflour and glucose syrup and cook
6 min/Varoma/speed 1 with MC removed and TM basket on mixing bowl lid. Remove zest.
Add cream of tartar, nuts and colouring and with MC in place combine 5 sec/speed 3.
Pour into prepared loaf tin. Leave to set outside of the refrigerator for about 4 hours.
Once set, cut into small pieces, coat in icing sugar and serve.
For a gluten free Turkish delight ensure your cornflour and glucose syrup are certified as gluten free, as
some commercial brands may contain traces of wheat or gluten
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Egg Free Caramel Custard - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Balls
- Rice Bubble Slice - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Apricot & coconut bites
- Pear Crumble - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Val's Pavlova
- Estelles Apple Crumble
- Vegan GF Homemade Chocolates
- Nut-free Bliss Balls
- Taste Christmas Cake
- Keto Chocolate Nut Seed balls
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles