- 100 grams raw sugar
- Zest of one orange (use a sharp peeler to remove in strips or a grater)
- 100 grams Butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams Self Raising Flour
- 50 grams Milk
- 80 grams golden syrup
- 200 grams fresh or frozen raspberries (defrost if using frozen)
- You will need four 150ml/g ramekin dishes or dariole moulds
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
Place orange zest and sugar in TM bowl and mill for 20 seconds on speed 9
Scrape down the sides and add the butter and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5
Add the eggs and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5
Add flour and milk and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5. If not quite incorporated then go quickly up to speed 6 for a couple of seconds.
Divide the raspberries between the four ramekins.
Weigh 20g of syrup over the top of each of the four raspberries filled ramekins (place ramekin on Thermomix and zero your scales)
Divide the cake mixture over the top of the syrup and raspberries.
Place on a baking tray
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until the top is firm to touch.
Allow the puddings to rest for 2 minutes and then carefully turn out onto serving plates. Drizzle with more golden syrup if desired.
Serve with custard, cream or traditional vanilla ice cream from the Every Day Cook Book .
Orange and Raspberry Puddings
Accessories you need
I have also cooked these puddings in the Varoma, the four ramekins just fitted in. I placed 1000g water in the TM bowl and steamed them in the varoma for 25 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 3. Then as a third option I also did mini versions using 12 silicon cup cake holders and again steamed them for about 20 minutes.
With the larger size I did a blind taste test and you really could not tell the difference between the steamed and the baked version, both were delicious and now a family favourite
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Churros Cake
- Dairy Free Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Rice Krispie Bars
- Rhonda's Rocky Road
- Low FODMAP Choc Peanut Bliss Balls
- Tenina's Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Peanut Bites
- Lemon Cake dairy, nut & wheat free
- Healthier Vanilla Custard
- Orange Cake - Light and tasty
- Giant Choc Chip Cookie Cake
- Nutella Skillet Brownie
- Parsnip, Carrot and Chickpea Stew
- Parsnip, Carrot and Zucchini Frittata
- Parsnip, Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Curried Parsnip Soup
- Silverbeet, Leek and Gruyere Tart
- Silverbeet and Lamb Rogan Josh
- Banana and Pecan Cake
- Thai Chicken and Quinoa Patties
- Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Salmon Fish Cakes
- Pork Hongroise
- Piquant Pork