- 2 portions oranges, medium size
- 200 g caster sugar
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 300g flour, Italian 00
- 20g baking powder
- 4 eggs, separated egg whites and yolks
- 1 heaped tsp vanilla essence
1h 0minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1."Closed lid" (measuring cup inserted) add two oranges and 2 liters of water. Bring to the boil using the kettle option set at 100 Degrees Celcius. Carefuly remove water and repeat process once more. Remove oranges and allow to cool.
2."Closed lid" (measuring cup inserted) cut oranges into quaters and add 50g of caster sugar. Speed 8.5 for 10 seconds. Repeat process (at least 2 more times) scraping down the sides inbetween until the mixture resembles a fine puree.
Prepare cake mixture
Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
Grease a bundt cake tin with butter and dust with flour. Remove exess flour by tapping the back of the tin.
Insert butterfly whisk for the remaining steps.
Separate the egg yolks and egg whites.
1. "Closed lid" (measuring cup removed) add 4 egg whites to the bowl. Whisk on speed 3.5 for 2 minutes. Continue on speed 3.5 for another 3 min and slowly add half of the remaining caster sugar whilst the mixture forms soft peaks. Repeat on speed 3.5 and add the remainder of the caster sugar for another 3 minutes making sure the sugar is being added slowly.
2."Closed lid" (measuring cup removed)speed 1.5 for 1min add one yolk at a time until combined. Repeat this setting and add the oil slowly.
3."Closed lid" (measuring cup inserted) add the orange mixture and vanilla essence. Mix on speed 1.5 for 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides.
4."Closed lid" (measuring cup inserted) sieve flour and baking powder. Speed 2 for 20 seconds. Scape down the sides and repeat once to combine if needed.
5. Add mixture to your prepared bundt cake tin and bake for 40min or until cooked through. Allow to cool in tin for 10min and turn onto a cooling rack and allow to completely cool. Place onto a serving platter and dust with icing sugar.
Prepare orange mixture
Accessories you need
Select oranges that look ripe and of good orange colour. Boiling the oranges first and removing the water in two batches will ensure to remove the bitterness from the orange. Blood oranges can also be used. This recipe incorporates 2 medium sized oranges.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rice Krispie Bars
- Rhonda's Rocky Road
- Low FODMAP Choc Peanut Bliss Balls
- Tenina's Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Peanut Bites
- Lemon Cake dairy, nut & wheat free
- Healthier Vanilla Custard
- Giant Choc Chip Cookie Cake
- Nutella Skillet Brownie
- Quick blueberry (or any fruit) pie!
- Healthy Choc Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls
- Mango & LIme Curd